Monday, August 24, 2009

There's a bite: Spicy tomato, shrimp pasta

I have this somewhat weird habit of watching the food network while I am at the gym. Saturday mornings I go in for my daily workout and flip on the food network. While running I can watch Giada, Tyler Florence, and Ellie Krieger. I really don't get hunger any more by this habit. It does somewhat ruin my grocery budget though since I tend to pick up groceries after the gym. The shows fill me with all kinds of extravagant ideas for dinner. I then go through the store picking up the unplanned ingredients for said extravagant dinners.

This happened to me this past weekend as I combined an Ellie Krieger salmon dish. With an Everyday food recipe for shrimp. I had shrimp and the Hannaford salmon looked dreadful. A note to stores: if the piece of fish looks like it has been stepped on I don't recommend putting it on display.

Spicy tomato, shrimp pasta

1 lb cooked shrimp
1/2 box fettuccine noodles
1 can diced tomatoes, with chilies
1 -14 oz canned crushed tomatoes
1 medium onion diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp crushed peppers
1 tbsp olive oil

1. In a large pot, bring water to a boil and cook pasta as directed on packaging for al dente pasta, approximately 10 minutes once water boils.

2. In separate saute pan, heat olive oil and cook onion and garlic till translucent. Add diced and crushed tomatoes. Simmer on medium low heat for 10 to 15 minutes to thicken.

3. Add crushed peppers and shrimp. Cook for about 3 more minutes, enough to heat the shrimp.

4. Drain pasta and combine with shrimp sauce.

5. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve with French or Italian bread.

It really does have a bite. As Julia Child closes, Bon Appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...