Because of all the hectic schedules we have barely eaten dinner together in the last month let alone made dinner. This pasta dish was a rare occasion a few weeks ago when pasta was one of the only things appealing to my taste buds. The fact that the recipe has 3 types of meat was appealing to Mr. J's.
As far as bolognese sauces this one comes together quickly. No need to stand over the stove for hours in the afternoon. Plus it is not a huge quantity either. We had two big servings for dinner and then enough for two lunch servings the next day. In my mind that is just the right amount of food.
Three Meat Bolognese Pasta
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Keywords: entree pasta pork ground beef Italian
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 (3/4-ounce) slice French bread
- 1/4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 oz ground veal
- 4 oz ground beef
- 4 oz ground pork
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups hot cooked pasta (about 8 ounces uncooked)
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shaved fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
Pulse bread in a food processor until coarse crumbs measure 1/2 cup. Combine crumbs and milk in a bowl.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and carrot; sauté 8 minutes.
Add garlic and tomato paste; sauté for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Add vinegar; cook for 30 seconds. Add oregano, salt, peppers, and beef; cook 7 minutes, stirring to crumble.
Stir in breadcrumb mixture and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve over pasta and top with cheese.
Powered by Recipage