Monday, February 27, 2012

Fluffy Pancakes


Hello Monday. I wish you wouldn't come so fast every week.  I am happy that the weekend temperatures are looking up from the blustery windy weather the weekend brought. Back to the 50 degrees and sunny definitely makes your arrival a bit easier to handle.  

This weekend we had pancakes.  Or I had pancakes.  Mr. J turned me down Sunday morning.  It was 6:30am and he likes to wait a bit later for breakfast but still. How can you turn down at stack like this? 

These are the best pancakes I have had in a long time. They are healthy with whole wheat flour and a bit of honey for sweetener. Of the four cakes I ate, two had some mini chocolate chips.  I spread a bit of natural peanut butter between two of the layers and topped with coconut and maple syrup.

It was a good great start to the day.  And a perfect way to end pancake week.



Fluffy Whole Wheat Honey Pancakes
by Emily Morris
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Ingredients
  • 2 cups whole-wheat flour
  • 2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups buttermilk
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 Tablespoons butter
  • 2 Tablespoons honey
Instructions
1. Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk, eggs.
2. Melt butter and stir in honey until dissolved. Add to buttermilk.
3. Whisk wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just combined (mixture will be lumpy).
4. Heat a griddle or large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Grease lightly with oil.
5. Spoon batter onto griddle 1/3 cup at a time. Cook until edges are set, 3 to 4 minutes Flip, and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
Powered by Recipage

20 comments:

  1. This is a great way to start and end the day. Pancakes are a trigger food for me, but I'd gladly take the chance with these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does look like a great go to recipe for some wonderful pancakes. I really do like using whole wheat as well as buckwheat flour in waffles and pancakes. I will need to try your version-yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was debating on oat flour too. So many different options when it comes to pancakes.

      Delete
  3. These look so decadent!!! Love the natural sweetening in this - great pics :D

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a perfect hearty breakfast. You just can't beat a good pancake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great looking pancakes, and all that coconut piled high on top... Yum! Looks like I know what next weekend's breakfast will be!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! What great toppings for your pancakes. They look fluffy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're right...it IS a perfect way to start a weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love pancakes on the weekend! I've never topped mine with coconut before though...so worth a try! Wishing you a good week :) (I miss the weekend too!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have come to the conclusion that I will never be a fan of Monday.

      Delete
  9. We just made pancakes this morning. It was a good start to Monday! Thank you for sharing, sweet friend. I hope you have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah... Now if you had offered me such lovely pancakes, I would NEVER turn you down! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just leaving a message that you have been tagged :D
    I hope you enjoy this and you definitely deserve it!
    Check it out here: http://gobakeyourself.wordpress.com/2012/02/28/i-oat-to-get-into-shape/

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  12. After seeing these I am regretting not having pancakes this morning LOL. Great job these look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is all in the toppings. And there is always tomorrow morning.

      Delete
  13. I just came across your blog.. These look fantastic and I look forward to peeking around your blog and seeing what else you have instore! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love a good pancake! Love the use of honey for a bit of sweetness!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...