Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Other Uses for Coconut Oil & WIAW




It has been about every week for a year that I have tried to participate in What I Ate Wednesday.  And every week for a year I have failed.  Come Wednesday and I had no documentation of what I actually ate.  Well that all changed yesterday and I managed to photograph all three of my meals as well as a snack. 




Lunch was by far my favorite with a roasted veggie panini with goat cheese.  I need more goat cheese in my life.



I have a new favorite website.  Apartment Therapy.  Have you heard of it?  So many great ideas for design, style, and  handy tricks.  Recently I saw this list of other non-food uses for coconut oil. I thought I would share.

  • As a body lotion and moisturizer
  • Stop the itch
  • Insect repellent
  • Aftershave
  • Sunscreen
  • Deodorant
  • Hair Conditioner
  • Toothpaste
  • Furniture Polish
  • Bronze Polish
  • Leather cleaner
  • Remove rust
  • Remove labels and their sticky residue
  • Remove gum from hair
  • Stain Remover

Head on over to Apartment Therapy for the hows and whys behind the coconut oil magic.  I am thinking homemade toothpaste will be in my future.

6 comments:

  1. whoa-this post does make my head spin! I had no clue on all of these uses. In fact I was wondering how I could use the rest of my jar of coconut oil. Glad to now know all of this. Thanks for the informative post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So interesting about the coconut oil! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just got that same packet (was it Foodzie?). Thanks for the inspirational uses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dig the coconut oil toothpaste idea! And I could see coconut oil being good as a furniture polish. This is like the time in the eighties when everyone started pouring beer on their hair for shine. I totally did that. Love alternative uses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I had no idea there are so many uses! Interesting post :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we all need more goat cheese in our lives!! And I keep saying I need to get my hand on some coconut oil, I need to get on it! Coconut oil for toothpaste?! Who would have known?! And my conditioner (Bumble and Bumble) has a lot of coconut in it and it smells SO good and makes my hair so soft!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...