Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Other Uses for Coconut Oil & WIAW




It has been about every week for a year that I have tried to participate in What I Ate Wednesday.  And every week for a year I have failed.  Come Wednesday and I had no documentation of what I actually ate.  Well that all changed yesterday and I managed to photograph all three of my meals as well as a snack. 




Lunch was by far my favorite with a roasted veggie panini with goat cheese.  I need more goat cheese in my life.



I have a new favorite website.  Apartment Therapy.  Have you heard of it?  So many great ideas for design, style, and  handy tricks.  Recently I saw this list of other non-food uses for coconut oil. I thought I would share.

  • As a body lotion and moisturizer
  • Stop the itch
  • Insect repellent
  • Aftershave
  • Sunscreen
  • Deodorant
  • Hair Conditioner
  • Toothpaste
  • Furniture Polish
  • Bronze Polish
  • Leather cleaner
  • Remove rust
  • Remove labels and their sticky residue
  • Remove gum from hair
  • Stain Remover

Head on over to Apartment Therapy for the hows and whys behind the coconut oil magic.  I am thinking homemade toothpaste will be in my future.

7 comments:

  1. whoa-this post does make my head spin! I had no clue on all of these uses. In fact I was wondering how I could use the rest of my jar of coconut oil. Glad to now know all of this. Thanks for the informative post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very useful post

    Aarthi
    http://www.yummytummyaarthi.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So interesting about the coconut oil! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just got that same packet (was it Foodzie?). Thanks for the inspirational uses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dig the coconut oil toothpaste idea! And I could see coconut oil being good as a furniture polish. This is like the time in the eighties when everyone started pouring beer on their hair for shine. I totally did that. Love alternative uses!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I had no idea there are so many uses! Interesting post :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think we all need more goat cheese in our lives!! And I keep saying I need to get my hand on some coconut oil, I need to get on it! Coconut oil for toothpaste?! Who would have known?! And my conditioner (Bumble and Bumble) has a lot of coconut in it and it smells SO good and makes my hair so soft!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...