Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Le Cordon Bleu, Paris


If you ever go to Paris, you must stop by Le Cordon Bleu.  In fact you must do some advance research and sign up for one of their courses.  You can do a week long intensive training session, a day long instruction and kitchen work, or you can do a mini demonstration. 


Way back too many years ago I studied abroad in Paris.  It was the most wonderful experience ever.  I dream about going back on a daily basis.  One of the most memorable parts of my journey was visiting Le Cordon Bleu.  I was a little late in the ball game for this experience.  The courses sell out fast. I started looking about a month and a half before my departure and many of the classes were already sold out.


I honestly cannot remember what class I ended up taking.  I was hoping for some kind of pastry class and ended up with a full dinner. Regardless it was a super exciting and fun adventure.  You arrive for breakfast of strong cafe and croissants.  Then they whisk you away to a demonstration kitchen were real instructors from the school guide you through each of the recipes for the day.  These day long classes are geared toward visitors so there is also an English translator.  I distinctly remember knowing what the chef was saying before the translation and being so proud.


You receive copies of all the recipes before the demonstrations in case you want to take notes. After everything is prepared you are off to a kitchen where you make everything yourself.  Thus my dream of going to Le Cordon Bleu was born.

5 comments:

  1. I'd love to go to Paris and even more to go to the Cordon Bleu. Lovely daydream for me!
    Hope you'll pop over again to my blog and do the "Food Bloggers Unplugged."

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMY

    Aarthi
    http://yummytummy-aarthi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I AM SO JEALOUS!!! Hey Emily, I have a surprise for you at www.TheSaucyGourmet.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok The Saucy Gourmet isn't the only one who's jealous! Thanks for the detailed description. After reading The Sharper the Knife the Less You'll Cry, I've been worried my french would never be good enough to take a class!!! But a one day class sounds perfect! Oh the dream to cook in Paris!!!

    Merci!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...