Monday, September 22, 2014

MAPLE CINNAMON QUICK BREAD {SRC}



Today is the first day of Fall and it seems September is coming to an end. I am not sure where the month went but I think summer has said good-bye for good.  The leaves are just starting to turn.  Nights are chilly.  Hooded sweatshirts are a daily occurrence.  


Along with Fall the end of September comes this month's Secret Recipe Club.  I had Melissa from Fried Ice and Donut Holes.  She has been around the block with her blog since it started way back in 2009.  Because of the history there were so many recipes to pick.  






I was pretty indecisive about going for cookies, or an entree.  After a bit of digging though I found a recipe from 2011 I couldn't resist.  I chose the Maple Cinnamon Quick Bread.  


I cannot say enough good things about this bread. The recipe came together pretty easily and I had all of the ingredients on hand. My husband's family makes their own maple syrup so we always have an ample supply in the pantry.



The worst part, and I roll my eyes as I type this, is the wait as the bread bakes. The smell is irresistible.  About halfway through the baking time a wonderful cinnamon sweet aroma fills the house and you just want to dig right in.   


I had to fight Mr. J off from taking it out too early and then had an even harder time making him wait longer so it cooled a bit before the glaze.  I am so glad I found this recipe. This loaf didn't last long and I know it will making several appearances in the near future. 


Maple Cinnamon Quick Bread

by Emily Morris
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Keywords: bake breakfast bread cinnamon maple syrup fall
Ingredients (serves 8)
    For the Bread:
    • 2 1/4 cup flour
    • 2 tsp baking powder
    • 1/2 tsp baking soda
    • 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
    • 1/2 tsp salt
    • 1 cup maple syrup
    • 1 cup buttermilk
    • 2 eggs
    • 1 tsp vanilla extract
    • 1/4 cup browned butter
    • 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
    • 1 Tbsp cinnamon
    For the Icing:
    • 1 cup powdered sugar
    • 1/4 cup milk
    • 1 tsp vanilla
    • 1/4 tsp salt
    Instructions
    Grease a 9x5 loaf pan and preheat oven to 350 degrees.

    In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
    In a medium bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla. Slowly whisk in the browned butter. Combine the wet ingredients and dry ingredients and mix until all combined.

    In a small bowl, cut the cold butter cubes and cinnamon together until you have small pea sized chunks. Fold the butter into the batter.

    Pour the batter into the greased pan and bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.

    While the bread cools make the icing. Whisk together all ingredients in a bowl. Add more sugar or cream to reach the desired consistency. Drizzle over the top of the bread or spread over each individual slice.

    Allow the bread to cool for 15 minutes before drizzling with the icing.
    Powered by Recipage







    23 comments:

    1. Oh my goodness. This is the kind of fall recipe I need to try ASAP! Beautiful work Emily!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Gorgeous! I wish I had a slice right now! Pinned!

      ReplyDelete
    3. How lucky are you to have homegrown maple syrup!!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Homemade maple syrup!?? How awesome. This bread looks and sounds delicious. I'll definitely have to give this one a try as my husband loves real syrup.

      ReplyDelete
    5. I can smell that through my screen... drool... perfect fall quick bread! We will definitely have to give this one a try at my house. Yumm!! I really enjoyed having your blog this month! :)

      ReplyDelete
    6. Great job on the quickbread! With homemade maple syrup it must be insanely delicious!

      ReplyDelete
    7. Wait...homemade maple syrup? To die for! Great SRC choice!

      ReplyDelete
    8. Hard to beat the combination of maple and cinnamon, and amazing that you have homemade maple syrup, what a special treat this must be!

      ReplyDelete
    9. I've been loving all things maple lately! This looks so good!

      ReplyDelete
    10. I love love love quick breads (especially how they make my house smell!). Maple and cinnamon sounds absolutely perfect for fall!! Love!

      ReplyDelete
    11. Oh wow! This looks absolutely delicious. I will definitely have to try it this fall.

      ReplyDelete
    12. I can smell the cinnamon in the air! Great fall recipe~ Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines

      ReplyDelete
    13. I'm so glad you enjoyed this bread! The maple cinnamon screams fall, so it was fitting for this month. Happy reveal day!! :)

      ReplyDelete
    14. I totally forgot it's fall! This looks amazing!

      ReplyDelete
    15. I absolutely love a quick bread and this one looks SO perfect - awesome choice for fall and fantastic choice for the SRC!

      ReplyDelete
    16. It looks so moist and any bread with a glaze is good in my book!

      ReplyDelete
    17. I LOVE quick breads and this one looks like a winner! GREAT mix of ingredients too, Karen

      ReplyDelete
    18. I love the smell of cinnamon in baked goods, this would be perfect with a cup of coffee for breakfast.

      ReplyDelete
    19. That sounds like "torture," NOT!!!! Beautiful!

      ReplyDelete
    20. I bookmarked this recipe when I had Melissa's blog, now I really want to make it as you've made it look so inviting. Great SRC pick!

      ReplyDelete
    21. Oh my... this looks and sounds amazing! I can practically smell it haha!

      ReplyDelete
    22. Fantastic flavors for fall! It must have made your whole house smell like fall!

      ReplyDelete
    23. My tummy just growled. What a fantastic fall recipe!! Pinning this one to make asap!!! Great SRC pick :-)

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

    You might also like reading:

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...