Friday, July 15, 2011

5 Favorites from Trader Joe's



I wouldn't say I am in love with Trader Joe's but they have some really great things.  Great things that are HEALTHY.  Great things that are considerably CHEAPER than other stores. You just cannot go wrote with that.  On a recent trip I found some new favorites to mix in with the tried and true. 


1.  Butter Waffle Cookies: I got these as a special treat for Mr. J.  His favorite part of going to get ice cream is the waffle cone.  When I saw these I knew I had to pick up a box for him to try.  He loved them.  He raved so much that I had to try one out as well.  The buttery, vanilla taste is out of this world.  They melt in your mouth.  Be careful, these cookies are dangerous.  Good thing that you get 6 cookies in a serving of 300 calories.  The flavor is so intense though one was plenty satisfying.

2.  Sliced cheese: This isn't any old sliced deli cheese. Here you can pick up Fontina and Smoked Gouda.  Both are thick slice, rich in their own bold flavors.  They make any homemade sandwich seem like a $10 sandwich from a specialty food shop.  So GOOD!



3. Bagged Kale: I enjoy Kale as much as the next gal but it is a bit of a pain to clean and get ready to use when you buy a bunch.  Trader Joe's now has bagged kale that is already chopped.  This is a huge time saver and not anymore expensive than a bunch!



4. Joe-Joe's: This is another must buy when we are in Trader Joe's for Mr. J.  They are Oreos only better according to him.  The cream is just better.  You have to try them to understand.  However, unlike Oreos all of the ingredients are all natural.  The price tag: $2.69.  They aren't the healthiest option in the store but man are they good.  Definitely a special treat!



5.  Nut butters: Trader Joe's has a great selection of nut butter and again they are far and wide cheaper than any other store.  No more spending $7 a jar on almond butter.  Plus, there are plenty of variations from chunky to smooth and unsalted. 



I could go on and on about their Colombian Roasted Coffee beans, Multi-grain crackers, Dried fruit and Nut selection, and jarred Pasta sauces.  All good, all healthy, and all cheaper than you can find anywhere else.   Thanks Trader Joe's!

20 comments:

  1. My hubby and I LOVE Joe-Joe's!! :) Those waffle cookies look awesome, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait until our Trader Joe's finally open in Louisville later this fall! Will definitely keep these good in mind =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where is there one around here? By the mall? I want to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of it. Of course it usually takes awhile to get new businesses out here in western Kansas. We're headed to Denver this weekend I might see if there is one there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Trader Joe's!!! I was just thinking about where I could buy pre-washed kale for a recipe I want to make. Mystery solved! Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You just can't beat TJ's nutbutters! I'm in the middle of a jar of almond butter myself, and I can't help but dip my spoon in there a couple of times a day :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I shop at TJ's twice a week but I haven't tried any of these goodies yet, besides the sliced cheese.... those Butter Waffle Cookies sound pretty tempting, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum, I love Trader Joes. Their Joe-Joes are addicting. They have their own version of cookies n cream ice cream with Joe Joe's. It's delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are a finally a few Trader Joes in NYC so this may have pushed me into a visit

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a huge TJ's fan too! I highly recommend their honey sesame cashews and their wasabi peas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't live near a Trader Joes, but when I did get to visit one I was impressed. I love this segment of your blog, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  12. so funny - I just got back from TJs and bought almost that exact list!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all things Trader Joe's - their peppermint Joey O's in the winter are AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can you believe I haven't had any of your Top 5s?!?!! I MUST try! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are great picks! I too am a fan of Trader Joe's, and I completely agree with your statement that they may not have everything but you definitely come across some good finds! You should try they pineapple salsa!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. There are no TJs in Europe. But we do have the waffle cookies and almond butter. Two of the best things on earth :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love TJ, but then again I love every supermarket. I always go there when I'm in the states. Have you tried the carrot cakes in the frozen section? My sister in law bought it for me once and it was AWSOME.

    ReplyDelete
  18. you clearly have not discovered the mini peanut butter cups! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...