I wouldn't say I am in love with Trader Joe's but they have some really great things. Great things that are HEALTHY. Great things that are considerably CHEAPER than other stores. You just cannot go wrote with that. On a recent trip I found some new favorites to mix in with the tried and true.
1. Butter Waffle Cookies: I got these as a special treat for Mr. J. His favorite part of going to get ice cream is the waffle cone. When I saw these I knew I had to pick up a box for him to try. He loved them. He raved so much that I had to try one out as well. The buttery, vanilla taste is out of this world. They melt in your mouth. Be careful, these cookies are dangerous. Good thing that you get 6 cookies in a serving of 300 calories. The flavor is so intense though one was plenty satisfying.
2. Sliced cheese: This isn't any old sliced deli cheese. Here you can pick up Fontina and Smoked Gouda. Both are thick slice, rich in their own bold flavors. They make any homemade sandwich seem like a $10 sandwich from a specialty food shop. So GOOD!
3. Bagged Kale: I enjoy Kale as much as the next gal but it is a bit of a pain to clean and get ready to use when you buy a bunch. Trader Joe's now has bagged kale that is already chopped. This is a huge time saver and not anymore expensive than a bunch!
4. Joe-Joe's: This is another must buy when we are in Trader Joe's for Mr. J. They are Oreos only better according to him. The cream is just better. You have to try them to understand. However, unlike Oreos all of the ingredients are all natural. The price tag: $2.69. They aren't the healthiest option in the store but man are they good. Definitely a special treat!
5. Nut butters: Trader Joe's has a great selection of nut butter and again they are far and wide cheaper than any other store. No more spending $7 a jar on almond butter. Plus, there are plenty of variations from chunky to smooth and unsalted.
I could go on and on about their Colombian Roasted Coffee beans, Multi-grain crackers, Dried fruit and Nut selection, and jarred Pasta sauces. All good, all healthy, and all cheaper than you can find anywhere else. Thanks Trader Joe's!