Thursday, July 21, 2011

To and From Kansas, with Love

I am back in Kansas for a couple of days for work.  It is hot and humid but surprisingly green. 

Yesterday's flights were long and I had the middle seat both flights.  Let's just say it was not the most comfortable but I cannot really complain.  It was what it was, and I was on time. When I am on time, I am happy.

This all makes me happy.  My in-flight entertainment and a little snack.



For some reason, I always end up getting burritos when traveling.  Not a good idea, no I am not taking about what you are thinking.  Just in general they ware quite filling and sitting in a two foot area for two hours after eating one is just not comfortable.   I actually walked all over the Atlanta airport looking for a Wolfgang Puck.  The one I found ended up being just a little Express cart and the cold sandwich offerings were not appealing.  After eating the majority of my burrito, I got some vanilla froyo and berries.  This should have been my lunch.  It was delicious.


Dinner was also delicious.  Last time here, on the last day one of the locals said that the best place to eat was Topeka Steak House.  We didn't have any dinner winners the first trip so my co-worker and I were up for something else. 

In Kansas, they look at you funny when you take pictures of your food.

This place was definitely a winner.  Great steaks and great service.  It only seemed fitting that I order the KC strip.   It was huge and delicious.  I wish I could have brought home the leftovers.  When I explained to the waitress that we were traveling and would not need a doggie bag.  She was like, "are you sure, you might want some more in a few hours".  I wish. You cannot ask for much more than steak, corn, and fries.  Well maybe some Tamale pie?!?

3 comments:

  1. Ha, I don't get weird looks when I take pictures of food in Wichita. But maybe that's because I'm so paranoid that I dart my eyes around and snap the picture when no one's looking. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I didn't get weird looks when I took pictures in Kansas City either! I took pictures are Gates BBQ...and who cares if you get weird looks! You're a foodie! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Travel safely! The yogurt sounded delicious! People pretty much always look at me sideways - I take pictures of food all the time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...