Sunday, July 17, 2011

Weekend Edition: Running

I cannot believe it is Sunday already.  Last week flew by and so did this weekend. 

I am excited to announce that my foot is 96% healed.  Yesterday I took off for 5 minutes, near the end my foot felt a little funny.  I decided I would walk for 5 minutes and try again.  If it was still bothering me, I would stop.  The second 5 minutes felt much better.  I continued 5 minutes of running with 5 minutes of walking for an hour.  5 miles later I felt fantastic. 

This morning I followed the same routine.  If I can keep this up, I know I will be ready for my little 5K in two weeks.  Thanks Adele and Celo Green for keeping me entertained. 

Friday I got a little surprise from a coworker who is going on vacation.  She is a member of a CSA and gave me the extras from this week that she wasn't going to finish plus I can go pick up the whole share this week.  Score!


I used some leftover kale with the CSA Swiss chard and beet greens.  I like sauteed greens like this every once in a while.  I felt like Popeye afterwards.  Now if only I could have biceps like Popeye's!  We had leftover chicken sausage and sweet potato fries.  I really don't like it that the chicken sausage from Trader Joe's gets all wrinkled after the first cooking.  It is just not nearly as appetizing to look at.



We splurged with some frozen yogurt earlier in the day so dessert ended up being some fresh cherries. 



For some reason this was the first batch for us this year.  They have been absolutely delicious and I am so glad I picked them up at the store.

This afternoon we are off to see the last Harry Potter film.  I cannot wait.  I watched the first part last night to prepare.  I cannot wait for showtime but I know I will be a bit sad once it is all said and done.



8 comments:

  1. Good luck with your 5K! I ran my first one back in April and I've been hooked ever since. I'm hoping to do a sprint triathlon at the end of the summer. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a great week! I'm SO glad to hear your foot is healing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your 5k, I'm jealous :) This all looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I WISH I had the motivation to run... I will faint after one block... 5K? WOW! GOOD FOR YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your foot heals completely and you can run the 5k! Your dinner looks delicious and healthy! I love chard!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you were able to run!! Hate injuries!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you're healing up nicely! Keep at it and you'll do awesome in your 5k!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck on your 5k - injuries are the worst! Just listen to your body and get the rest that you need before your race and you'll be fine :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...