Tuesday, July 26, 2011

It's Classy!

There are some things like the LBD (little black dress) that can do no wrong.  If you have any doubts about what to wear, just throw on the LBD.  You will be a winner.

The LBD of cookies is chocolate chip. Sure, I love my M&M cookies.  I savour the toffee cookies.  I dream of peanut butter cookies.  But if you make chocolate chip, you can do no wrong.  People will love you.  I am all about love today.  I made these little babies to show my appreciate to my co-worker with the CSA share.  I need to show some major love there.


Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
From Baking Illustrated

Ingredients
2 cups plus 2 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled until warm
1 cup packed (7 ounces) light or dark brown sugar
1/2 cup (3 1/2 ounces) granulated sugar
1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1-1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips


1. Adjust the oven racks to the upper- and lower-middle positions and heat the oven to 325 degrees. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.

2. Whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl; set aside.

3. With an electric mixer, mix the butter and sugars until thoroughly blended. Beat in the egg, yolk, and vanilla until combined. Add the dry ingredients and beat at low speed just until combined. Stir in the chips to taste.

4. Roll the dough into a ball. Place the formed dough balls on the prepared baking sheets.

5. Bake until the cookies are light golden grown and the outer edges start to harden yet the centers are still soft and puffy, 15 to 18 minutes, rotating the baking sheets front to back and top to bottom halfway through the baking time. Cool the cookies on the sheets. Remove the cooled cookies from the baking sheets with a side metal spatula.





15 comments:

  1. Haha! I love it! The little black dress of cookies :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolate chip cookies really are the little black dress of cookies. I love that. I have more requests for chocolate chip than for any other variety of cookie that I make. I think it's a comfort food combined with just plain awesomeness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking cookies! Too bad if I eat too many of these guys, I won't fit in my LBD - decisions, decisions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh there is nothing better than a classic chocolate chip cookie...delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right. American classic. Who DOESN'T like chocolate chip cookies? Great post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can never go wrong with a classic chocolate chip cookie! YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to work with you. Yes, you cant go wrong with a chocolate chip cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, the chocolate chip cookie really is like the LBD...good call!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are a classic and those cookies look amazing! There are some little black dresses that are just nicer...

    If chocolate chip cookies are the little black dress of cookies - than bologna is the cut off shorts & flip flops of sandwiches!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is a reason it is a classic recipe, right?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't say I've ever turned down a chocolate chip cookie :) These look wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great analogy... the chocolate chip cookie = the little black dress of baked goods. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LBD of cookies...I love that. I'm planning to wear a chic, little, black number tonight when I go out. Does that mean I can eat chocolate chip cookies for lunch?!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just the basics; perfectly made.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...