July is National Ice Cream month and I wanted to do a post about favorite flavors. I haven't had nearly enough ice cream this month though to substantiate legit opinions. Maybe next week?
Then I thought of things I missed this week because of traveling. The post turned into a bit a of a complaining post and one of my top misses was Big Brother. I felt like a loser and that post was nixed too.
So here we have just some random favorites for the week. What I am LOVIN' right now!
1. Smoothies for breakfast. I had this lovely bowl this morning. It is hot out - my car temperature gauge read 86 degrees last night at 11pm. Using some frozen spinach and a few ice cubes and I cool right off after my hot shower.
2. Do you see what I see? Yep, we finally, finally got a grill. A cute little firetruck red Coleman Grill. Hopefully we will never need the actual firemen. I am dreaming about grill fruit for dinner for the rest of summer. We got this bad boy the other day and I cannot wait to have our first meal on it.
3. CSA shares - I mentioned the other day how this week I got to pick up my co-worker's CSA share. We got some major amounts of produce: garlic, corn, summer squash, beets, green beans, blueberries. We even go zucchini bread. I am confident I will find uses for all of except some zucchini blossoms. Any suggestions? I don't know were to begin.
4. Magazines! Two of my favorites came in this week. Whole Living and Real Simple. Love them! Ever notice how there is one week when all of the monthly magazines come out. I race through them and then am empty handed the other 3 weeks of the month.
|I don't know what is going on with Blogger but the pictures will not rotate!|
5. Coupons for free things. Sometimes I randomly get things in the mail for free. I honestly have no idea why. Other times though, I specifically request free samples. Most of the time I find them from Allyou.com. They have an email newsletter that comes out daily with a free sample. Sometimes it is for things I will never use like dog food, other times it is for face cream or other bathroom things that are fun to try but wouldn't be a big deal if I didn't. But then there are times when it is a great find. The other week it was for a sample of Jiffy To-Go. I was thinking one little 2 oz sample, instead I got this coupon for an 8 pack. Nice huh?