Sunday, July 24, 2011

We Be Grilling

Happy Sunday!

What fools we were to wait so long to get a grill!  The two years we lived in New York grilling was not allowed.  We made due.  I kept thinking that if we survived so long without a grill was it really worth getting one now. 


Then there was the issue of size.  How big of a grill did you really need for two people?  We debated, and shopped and debated some more.  Finally last week we bit the bullet and order the firetruck red Coleman travel grill. 


The thing folds down a bit but I wouldn't call it a travel grill. It is however perfect for us.  We had our first grilling feast Saturday night and it was amazing.  


We used a whole bunch of the veggies we got in the CSA.  Have I told you lately how much I love grilled corn.  Well, lucky me, the CSA share had 4 pieces of corn. 


Zucchini and red onion "burgers" were also fired up.


We had some hot dogs too but the stars of the show were the veggies. We only used some olive oil and salt and pepper for flavor. 


Boy was it good.  Maybe if we keep having vegtables like this I won't have to lie to Mr. J anymore about our meatless meals.

10 comments:

  1. Great choice! We have the same grill that we use for tailgating, we love it! Happy Sunday to you too, this all looks delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great looking grill. I love grilled corn also. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you like your grill. We love our charcoal bbq (not a grill like yours), but we mainly grill meat, lots of meat. And once in a blue moon we grill veggies. I love grilled corn, but grilling on charcoal takes forever so we boil them first and then grill them for some extra flavor. Next time try to grill some big button mushrooms as well. And if Mr J. needs the meat you can always wrap them with bacon before grilling. It is delish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your vegetables look perfect. Olive oil, salt and pepper is the best way to truly enjoy fresh vegetable flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! You know I LOVE grilling! What you made looks amazing! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That corn look so great and yummy. I like this you have done Emily, I mean grilling all the veg.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a wonderful way to do veggies. I don't think I'd miss steak with this colourful array on my plate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah for your grill! I couldn't live without mine! Grilled veggies are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for grilling. I could eat grilled food everyday of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love grilled veggies, especially corn! I'm doing some apartment living so I dont have a grill right now- so jealous!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...