Monday, June 11, 2012

Chocolate Cupcakes for the Work Week


Happy Morning!  

Happy Monday!  

I can be joyful this week because I have a short work week.  We have a wedding to attend and therefore are calling a mini vacation for the end of the week.  

 I will try not to gloat too much.


In case you have to work all five days this week, I made you something to help you get through.  Chocolate on chocolate cupcakes. The classics.  

I actually prefer yellow cake with chocolate frosting but I was in the chocolate kind of mood. 


I got a piping bag a week ago and was itching to frost. Swirl, swirl, swirl.  I only wish I had more cupcakes.

What is your favorite type of cupcake?

Chocolate Cupcakes

by Emily Morris
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes






Ingredients (16 cupcakes)
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup baking cocoa
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 cup buttermilk
  • Frosting of your choice
Instructions
In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with water and buttermilk, beating well after each addition.

Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Frost cupcakes
Powered by Recipage

24 comments:

  1. the perfect chocolate fix for a gloomy monday morning. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you had a wonderful Monday! Enjoy your Nutella muffins.

      Delete
  2. I had a long weekend so I am just as happy as you are my friend :D
    But I still get a cupcake right? ;)

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes mini vacations are the most fun! Since you will be on vacation, please send me all these chocolate cupcakes. They probably would not travel well with that fluffy chocolate icing and somebody has to finish eating them-yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I made them from a BBQ knowing that I would eat them all if I didn't hand them out. A vacation wouldn't make me miss out on chocolate cupcakes :)

      Delete
  4. looks AMAZING, sooo delicious! I don't know what my favourite would bee, maybe the chocolate ones or them with vanilla and strawberry! Cinnamon and carrot muffins are soo delicious too! I can't choose which one is the best.. The are all simply fantastic to me! (:

    www.happymeanshealthy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vanilla and strawberries sounds delicious. I will need to go pick some soon. The local farm just announced they were open for strawberry picking.

      Delete
  5. Haha I'm with Tina! Don't freeze them send them over...pleeeeease !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh. . .these look so tasty!! I hope that your week flies by and that you have a great mini vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love vanilla cake with chocolate frosting, but these look amazing with the chocolate cake!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now this is a great way to start the work week. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chocolate with berry is my favorite! Thank you for brightening my day...and making my stomach grumble (just before lunch...perfect!) I hope you have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, pretty cupcakes! That's a way to get over the Monday blues!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are great! Can I ask what tip you used to decorate them??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you can ask it was a 16mm 45-9 Kaiser. I thought it was a bit big but they came out OK.

      Delete
  12. You just can't go wrong with simple but heavenly chocolate cupcakes! You did a beautiful job with the frosting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mmmmm, cupcakesssss *said in a Homer Simpson voice* chocolate/chocolate works for me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh I love chocolate cupcakes! My fav. are prob. chocolate + pb combos for cupcakes :P

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks yummy, wish my hands were stable enough to make such a lovely frosting on the top, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...