Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Latte Smoothie and WIAW


I am completely in love with fall.  I think this year since it was so hot for so long, the cooler temperatures have made me bounce right into full blow fall mode. I alright want to buy pumpkins and it isn't even October.  I am trying to hold back a bit longer on the pumpkin buying and instead relying on my kitchen time to incorporate Fall.



This is no Starbucks latte but it is a great day to start the day.  If you need it a bit more sweet add some honey, maple syrup, or agave.


Pumpkin Spice Latte Smoothie

by Emily Morris
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Keywords: blender breakfast beverage pumpkin fall



Ingredients (serves 1)
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1/4 cup pureed pumpkin
  • 1 cup coffee
  • 1 cup coconut milk
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Instructions
Add all ingredients in blender. Run till smooth, about 3 minutes.

This smoothie is not particularly sweet. If you would like something sweet, add 1 Tbsp honey or maple syrup.
Powered by Recipage


Lunch was leftovers from the Shrimp and Rice Casserole dish packed up and eaten in front of my computer.  I love when I can pack up dinner from the night before and have a nice warm lunch with little effort. I don't love when I have so much work it requires me to go non-stop from 7:30-5:30.  My healthy habit of being outside didn't come into play today.

Snacks were carrot sticks, peach, and apple throughout the day.

Now if you thought lunch was healthy just wait for dinner.

We go pizza takeout.  Sausage, onions, peppers, and garlic.  Sometimes life calls for a little pizza.


What did you eat today?
 

20 comments:

  1. Never anything wrong w/ some pizza from time to time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all about fall, pumpkin anything, leftovers and pizza. :) Found you at WIAW. Come get my Cheesy Quinoa Fritatta recipe...so good and healthy. Thanks for the recipe. xo, Jessica

    sweatismysanity.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh, pizza! Your pumpkin latte smoothie sounds great, and I love your owls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't started making my pumpkin smoothies yet but...they're coming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pumpkin latte in fall... can't go wrong with that ;) YUMMM :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. West Elm! There are so many cute things. And the mug is my favorite. Perfect size for a large cup o joe.

      Delete
  7. a latte smoothie? yes, please! Kills two birds with one stone :)

    Thanks for sharing. Happy WIAW...

    ReplyDelete
  8. i really want your owl mug

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your smoothie sounds awesome! I actually tried the Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte and was sorely disappointed. It was so sweet! I ended up having to dilute it with more coffee :( Yours however sounds just right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time say one pump. Typically they use three pumps of syrup. You can adjust according to preference. I find one pump is just enough for the flavor but keeps to sweetness to a minimum.

      Delete
  10. I LOVE YOUR OWL MUG :D
    And your latte smoothie is pretty damn cool too ;)

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pizza keeps me sane from time to time!!! I tried pumpkin spice coffee and it was horrible but I am terribly intrigued by your pumpkin spice latte smoothie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know what I'll be making in the morning! Thanks Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a yummy way to get a little caffeine in the AM. And now I'm craving pizza, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree to the fact the life often calls for pizza - and ice-cream for that matter :P.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh, you've given me some great inspiration for my coffee tomorrow morning!! thanks! xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the flavors that come with fall too!! This latte looks wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...