Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Monster Cookies


I dedicate these cookies to my husband. Last night he was a monster, thrashing around in bed and the stealing all of the covers. Needless to say I work up grumpy.  It is hard to stay mad at him though because he always gives me this sheepish grin when he knows he messed up in his sleep.  


My response was that every morning he should wake up and think, "What can I do today to make Emily's life better."  That is what husbands do, right?



He was down right busy this weekend cleaning up his car. He learned where we store the Windex.  I told him he should do my car too.  It was our anniversary last week.  And my birthday is next week. I think an act like that is a stupendous gift.  He just laughed and said that he wasn't cleaning a car that look like a rental car.



I travel with co-workers and this past winter one of them thought my car was a rental car because it was so clean. I think they had a high tolerance for cleanliness though. My car wasn't that clean.  He won't forget the comment though. His car becomes a complete disaster in a matter of days.  



We laughed about my parents. My parents have immaculate cars.  I come from a very neat family, through and through.


And then came the cookies and we wished it was the weekend already.

 
Monster Cookies

by Emily Morris
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Keywords: bake dessert chocolate peanut butter cookie








Ingredients (serves 24)
  • 1 stick butter (softened)
  • 1 C brown sugar
  • 1 C sugar
  • 2 C creamy peanut butter
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 4 1/2 C quick oatmeal
  • 1/2 C M&Ms
  • 1/2 C chocolate chips
Instructions
Cream together the butter, sugars and peanut butter with an electric mixer until fluffy and creamy.

Add the eggs and vanilla mix until just combined.

Add the baking soda and salt, then mix. Fold in the oats and then the chocolate chips and M&Ms.

Using large cookie scoop, place rounded balls of dough onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet and press down slightly.

Bake for 11 - 12 minutes at 375 degrees.

Makes 24 large cookies.
Powered by Recipage

10 comments:

  1. Last night I think my husband thought the bed was a trampoline. A car wash would be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I definitely have a story about that too. The sales woman when we bought our mattress didn't believe that our testing maneuvers were actually real. Just like a trampoline.

      Delete
  2. Monster cookies are a great way to forget a rough night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. COOOOOOOKIES!!

    My boyfriend slapped HIMSELF in the face last night. Yeah. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as he didn't slap you...that has happened to me. He apologized in his sleep too. Couldn't remember a thing the next day.

      Delete
  4. Hi Emily, I love reading these little glimpses into what is a fun and good marriage. Thank you for sharing them...and these delicious cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be a cookie monster for these... they look awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Any cookie in monster form is a very good thing! Tell that hubby he will get no cookies if he hogs the covers again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha! How appropriate... love your monster cookie dedication :) Look too good too! Monster cookies are the best, we usually save making them for Christmas time.. I really need to forget that tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite cookies! I love these :) I need a lesson from you...my car is always a disaster.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...