Saturday, September 15, 2012

Funfetti Waffles



What do you do when you are all alone on your birthday?  I am not going to lie, I contemplated making a full cake.  But I was off to South Carolina for the rest of the week.   I would hate, hate, hate for cake to go bad.  

Especially birthday cake. 

Especially MY birthday cake.


I saw a recipe on Pinterest for cake waffles not too long ago.  The recipe is simple.  Get a boxed cake mix.  Follow cake instructions as normal.  Pour into a hot waffle iron.

I sang a little Happy Birthday to me.  I did a little dance.  I ate waffles.  Lots of waffles topped with ice cream and sprinkles.

Funfetti Cake Waffles

by Emily Morris
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes




Ingredients (serves 8)
  • 1 box Funfetti Cake Mix
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/3 cup oil
  • 3 eggs
Instructions
Mix together the cake mix, water, oil, and eggs in a large bowl until well combined.

Drop 2 1/2 ice cream scoops of the cake batter into a preheated Belgian waffle iron and cook for 5-8 minutes depending on your own preferences for your waffle iron. Use less cake batter if you're using a smaller waffle iron.

Serve with a scoop of ice cream and a sprinkles.
Powered by Recipage

6 comments:

  1. Oh, how yummy! And almost as good as birthday cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look such fun. Have a good week.

    PS I know you have probably been busy. Just a wee reminder that it would be great if you followed Carole's Chatter back. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you found the perfect solution and way to celebrate. Love these waffles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be the perfect way to spend your birthday morning! Great idea to make these simply delicious waffles. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...