Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Salmon and Green Bean Salad for WIAW

I have a few healthy habits that I try to do every day regardless of the season. 

Eat lots of fresh fruits and veggies. 

Exercise.

Sleep.  You know the basics.

This fall though I am really trying to make an effort to drink more water and get outside. Fall is my busiest time of year.  That means sitting behind a desk or traveling all day long. These activities typically leave me dehydrated and drained.

Thus, drink more water and get outside for a few (10) minutes each day are going to be a struggled.

Starting the day with this for breakfast though certainly helps.  Grabbed a smoothie and a latte from Starbucks on my way up to Maine.  Brought an apple from home.


Lunch was out and I forgot to take a picture. There was salad and a very disappointing Roasted Red Pepper Soup.  Instead I photographed dinner.





Dinner was great.  Baked Eggplant Parmesan.  Spaghetti.  And a side of meatballs. I love meatballs so I couldn't resist.


And now I bring you a recipe.  We had this for dinner last weekend.


Frozen salmon.  Green Beans.


This is my new favorite vinaigrette.


And I blanched green beans for the first time ever.  Kind of crazy that I never have. It was so easy and served with this dressing it was marvelous.


Meals like this make it easy to get some extra veggies in your diet.



Honey Mustard Salmon with Green Beans

by Emily Morris
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Keywords: bake entree salmon green beans



Ingredients (serves 4)
  • 2 teaspoons honey
  • 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
  • 3 tablespoons Champagne or white-wine vinegar
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • Salt and pepper
  • 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced lengthwise
  • 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
  • 1 pound boneless, skinless salmon fillet, cut into 4 pieces
  • 1 pound green beans, trimmed
Instructions
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Whisk together honey, mustard, vinegar, and oil; season with salt and pepper.

On a rimmed baking sheet, toss onion with 2 tablespoons vinaigrette and bake 5 minutes.

Meanwhile, stir 1 tablespoon vinaigrette into breadcrumbs. Coat fish with 1 tablespoon vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper; top with breadcrumb mixture and add to sheet. Bake until fish is cooked through, about 7 minutes.

In boiling salted water, cook green beans until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes; drain and toss with onion and 1 tablespoon vinaigrette. Serve fish with vegetables.
Powered by Recipage

5 comments:

  1. This is one tasty-looking meal! That green bean salad looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine staying hydrated and keeping up any kind of healthy habits traveling as much as you do. Those green beans look perfect though - one of my favorite veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness, between your first dinner & second I'm not sure which looks and sounds more amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The green bean salad looks amazing, E!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such a good eater!! I would feast on all of this... especially those fantastic looking green beans. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...