Sunday, September 2, 2012

Weekend Edition: Happy Anniversary



This past week Mr. J and I celebrated our two year wedding anniversary.  The actually day of our anniversary I was coming back from Michigan and our celebration was with some take out pizza and cake. Both were delicious.  But eating at 8pm in front of the TV does not exactly scream romance or celebration to me. 

Thus, on Friday night we really did it up.  Mr. J was in charge of the reservations. It was a secret and by Friday morning anxiety was eating away at my stomach.  I like to know it advance what I am going to be eating each day.  I plan my breakfast based off of what my lunch and dinner are for the day.  Not that I cannot change, but getting a balance of veggies, fruit, carbs, and sweets is important to me.  Having no idea even the genre of cuisine was rough.  



Mr. J picked out Brassarie Pip at Cooper Beach Inn in Ivoryton, CT.  It was a cute place tucked away in the woods.  We were told when we sat down that the chef in place had started three days before. 


We were greeted with a fried cheddar ball with pesto and balsamic vinegar.  It was a nice little tease to start off the night. 


We we go out Mr. J likes to live it up with a cocktail, appetizer, entree, and dessert.  It is always so much food.  We opted to split the foie gras.  Since this was the first time that the chef ever made it he didn't want us to split it up so he sent out two.  Pretty sweet I think.  The foie gras was super luxury and delicious.  It was served with a sweet dried fruit compote topped with lettuce and then the foie gras.  The sweetness was weird to me. I am pretty sure this was not how the menu described the dish but we got two. 

My main course was a spicy tomato sauce with seafood and cream served over homemade pappardelle noodles.  This was just what I was look for in a meal.  Warm, comforting but light too.  


Mr. J got ribeye with grilled potato wedges.  He ate it right up but did save me a little bite.  The meat was really tender and full of flavor. I think it would have just melted away in your mouth even if you didn't chew.

I was saving room for the remaining piece of our chocolate cake at home but Mr. J couldn't resist the beignets. on the menu.  The came with homemade caramel sauce and cinnamon ice cream.  He was moaning as he ate.  I ended up sampling a bite or two and they were good.  Very fresh, with strong hints of vanilla and cinnamon. 


Always a sign of a good meal when all that gets left on the table is an empty wine and espresso glass.  A few days late but a wonderful way to celebrate us.


And here is what I was up to this week:






6 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Your dinner looks delicious! I esp. love that cheeseball to start and your hubby's steak! AND BEIGNETS! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary to you both!! Many,many years of love and happiness to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary! That restaurant sounds pretty amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...