Thursday, September 20, 2012

Cheesy Pull Apart Bread


I am not a huge football fan. In fact besides the Olympics every two years, I really only watch baseball.  Even then it is only, live baseball, typically the Red Sox.

The Red Sox are not doing too hot this year so let's just move right on from baseball to football.  Football season is good for a few things.  Tailgating.  Sunday night snack feasts. 

Mr. J isn't a big football fan either.  Thank goodness.  But I still see no reason why we cannot plan a Sunday afternoon around football friendly snacks.  Pull apart bread has been going around the internet for a while and I thought football season was just the time to have it make its appearance.


This was my first attempt at Pull Apart bread and I will have to say I was a bit disappointed by how it looked.  More cheese next time?  Drizzle with more butter as a last step.  Granted you should use a full loaf but I was not about to have Mr. J and I consume one whole loaf of bread in one sitting.  We used half.

This was more butter than I typically consume in a year (unless of course it is in cookies) but man was it good.  Bread, garlic, butter cheese.  The green onions gave the bread a small bite and crunch.

We ate half of the half.  I loved it. Then vowed not to make it again for another month.  I think this could explain all weight gain from here on out.


Cheddar Cheese Pull Apart Bread

by Emily Morris
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Keywords: bake bread



Ingredients (serves 12)
  • 1 unsliced loaf sourdough bread
  • 12 ounces Cheddar cheese, shredded
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 cup finely diced green onion
Instructions
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Cut the bread lengthwise and widthwise without cutting through the bottom crust.

Place loaf on a foil-lined baking sheet.

Combine butter and garlic. Drizzle over bread. Insert cheese between cuts. Top with green onions.

Wrap in foil; place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
Powered by Recipage

SixSistersStuff.com

6 comments:

  1. I completely don't understand baseball - my husband loves football - I don't - but I'm perfectly happy to pretend to watch eating this delicious bread - YUM :))
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had this type of bread pinned for a long time and have not made it. I'm going to continue to try to not make it because I know what will happen if I do make it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for baseball!! :) I'm not a huge football fan either, but my husband likes it! And pretty sure he would enjoy it even more eating this bread!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michael and I don't care about football either.
    Or sports in general.
    He likes them fine, but doesn't really care about them like most men.
    *phew* (I hate sports, blech)

    These bread looks TO DIE FOR! I would put that stuff awayy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow... this is so cool. I think my kids would love this one. Have a wonderful weekend my friend! ~ Ramona

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...