Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Brownie Batter Cookie Dough Pancakes with Dinner, Dishes and Desserts

Today we have Erin at Dinner, Dishes, and Desserts.  I first started following Erin after I did a few searches for Iowa bloggers. See Erin used to live in Iowa and so did I.  Here I thought that by reading her blog I would hear about the happenings in Iowa.  Instead I got marvelous dinner, dishes and desserts along with cute stories about her little boy.  Although most of the things I found on Erin's blog look fantastic, I am always the most happy when she posts muffin recipes.  Her muffins are filled with chocolate and peanut butter.  My favorite are these.  They won't disappoint.  Now she has some superb pancakes that are a little combination of brownie batter and cookie dough.  Don't mind if I do...

Hi, I'm Erin, and I write over at Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts. I am super excited to be here with you today. Happy Birthday to Emily!! What a fun week of "cakes" to celebrate.

 

I have been following Emily since I first started blogging over a year ago. I found her on Foodbuzz, and am a frequent visitor. It always amazes me that she travels so much for work, and still has time to make such great food.

 


So to celebrate today, I brought some over the top decedent pancakes! These start with my Brownie Batter Pancakes as a base. Then I had some leftover egg free cookie dough from making these cupcakes, so I threw it in. Top with whipped cream, and a mini cookie, and you have your self breakfast (or dessert) meant for a special day. The pancakes themselves are surprising healthy, but then I think adding in the cookie dough kind of changes that :) Oh well, it is birthday week! I made these for my 7 year old for the first day of school, and he fell in love. I mean, what is not to love! Gooey raw cookie dough inside of brownie batter flavored pancakes. I am drooling just remembering these! 

 

Thanks for letting me be a part of your Birthday Emily!

Brownie Batter Cookie Dough Pancakes
Adapted from Cookie Lover's Cookbook

Pancakes
1 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup cocoa powder
2 Tbls Splenda
2 Tbls canola oil
1 tsp Vanilla
1 1/4 cup Almond Milk (or skim milk)
1/3 cup Chocolate Chips

Cookie Dough Filling (you will have LOTS left)
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup milk
2 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips (mini)

Start by making your cookie dough filling. In a stand mixer cream together butter and sugars until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the milk and vanilla and beat until fully incorporated and smooth. Mix in flour and salt. Fold in the chocolate chips. Set aside.

Next prepare your pancake batter. In a large bowl stir together flour, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder, and Splenda. Add canola oil, vanilla, and milk. Stir until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.

Preheat griddle or large non-stick skillet to medium heat.

Using 1/4 cup measuring cup, pour batter into preheated pan. Drop small balls of cookie dough around each pancake (as much or as little dough as you like). Cook until the edges are starting to set, and bubbles are forming on the surface. Flip, and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Topped with whipped cream or powdered sugar to serve. 

Thanks so much Erin for helping me celebrate. I made these right after she sent this recipe and trust me. They are so, so good in the way over the top, I know I shouldn't but am absolutely going to kind of way.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting me celebrate your birthday with you this week! I enjoyed making something with you in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin does amazing things with batter... and this gorgeous pancake just proves it. :) Kudos on another perfect birthday treat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy moly!!!
    You are having some serious birthday treats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily, you must be loving all these incredible treats in your honor! Holy cannoli, Erin...this looks like the product of my dreams! You somehow managed to combine my three favorite treats: pancakes, cookie dough, and brownies. Please come cook for me on my birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This morning I was trolling FoodGawker, looking for a good breakfast recipe and stumbled upon these pancakes. I was so impressed by this recipe, I made them about an hour ago.

    THEY ARE SO GOOD. I was too hungry to make the cookie dough portion, so I just had the brownie batter pancakes. I will definitely be making this recipe again, and I will definitely be trying it with cookie next time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think these could turn anyone into a pancake lover! How decadent and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love love this recipe! I can't wait to make them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...