Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Blackberry Basil Banana Ice Cream


I was going to start this post with I am a bad WIAW participant because my lunch and dinner photos were no good.

 
But just as I was finalizing the post, it got deleted. I don't know what happened but I am sure it was my fault. And then autosaved decided to step up its game and save my nothing post.  

Tears.  It is late. I want my bed.  And I am doing this Tuesday night because I need to be up and ready early for a work trip the next two days. Sometimes work life and blog life do not get along.


Today was not a fun day.  Good thing I had some damn delicious breakfast.  Yes, I had this for breakfast. Yes, I am calling it ice cream.  Do it too!

I am all for peer pressure. Frozen bananas and basil is where it is at...for breakfast that is...for the cool kids out there.  You know you want some.


Basil Blackberry Banana Ice Cream

by Emily Morris
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Keywords: blender banana ice-cream





Ingredients (serves 2)
  • 2 frozen bananas
  • 1/2 cup frozen blackberries
  • 10 fresh basil leaves
  • 1/2 skim milk
Instructions
Put all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth, about 3 minutes. You can add more milk if needed.
Powered by Recipage


The new theme for September is Fall into good habits.  Instead of complaining more I am going to leave you with Peas and Crayons final remarks.

be happy
be healthy
and eat. your. veggies.

11 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great combination of flavours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate it when technology defeats you. Good to know that basil and bananas is where it's at. I hate to be not in the know. I will fall into good habits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never would have thought about that combination of flavors! Yum!

    I'm sorry your post got deleted :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I am all about eating this for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The ice cream can always make things a little better! So sorry Emily :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting mix of flavors!! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh, I deleted a post with comments at all by trying to edit on my phone. I feel your pain :/ Such a gorgeous ice cream...I'm sure that helped ease a bit of the frustration~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, so sorry about the post! But, this ice cream is fabulous! I love that it's healthy too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ugh my friend, that must be annoying - I am sorry, but also understand how you feel!
    Down your frustrations in this amazing irce cream of course :)

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ouch.. don't you hate when there are technical glitches and it makes us start all over again. I have been there (many times) and I really feel your pain. Well this ice cream has no technical glitches... it looks amazing and creamy. Love the flavor combo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great combination of flavors. Sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...