Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Coconut Cupcakes for Two


I needed something sweet tonight. In fact I needed two something sweets.  When I travel for work I miss my husband dearly. When I come home it is always a good thing.  However, when you are gone from the office so much you get used to it.  Days back in the office can be the busiest and most stressful.  Today was one of those days. 


Good thing there is string of recipes floating around the Internet for two cupcakes. I borrowed the vanilla cupcake recipe from Erin over at Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts.  I bumped it up a bit with some coconut extract and toasted coconut topping. 

I could have used both but I shared with Mr. J.  Funny that someone who doesn't really like coconut will jump at the chance to grab coconut cupcake when given the opportunity.


Now I am off to pack for Kansas.  A quick in and out trip for the week.

Coconut Cupcakes
by Emily Morris
Ingredients (2 cupcakes)
  • 1 egg white
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 1/4 heaping teaspoon of baking powder
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
  • 2 tablespoons coconut flakes
Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin pan with 2 liners.

In a bowl, add egg white and sugar and whisk until combined. Add in vanilla, coconut extract and melted butter and stir until mixed.

Add flour, baking powder and salt and stir until smooth. Stir in milk. Fold in coconut flakes.

Divide batter equally between the 2 cupcake liners.

Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes, or until cake is set. Let cool completely, then frost as desired.

Powered by Recipage

17 comments:

  1. Perfect size recipe to indulge without guilt. Have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea, but I have no idea what everyone else in my family would eat!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If there is only two it is easy to hide the evidence that they ever existed!

      Delete
  3. Absolutely delightful! I adore coconut, and would love one of these beauties :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Erin's version and I love yours too! Nice adaptation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving these cupcakes and the fact that it only makes two is wonderful!
    Thankfully too since these are too delicious for me not to finish the entire batch off ;)

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru
    5 Min Wrap Pizza

    ReplyDelete
  6. A coconut cupcake does sound like a great pick me up after a stressful day and these look fabulous! I am loving the just for two idea also.
    Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great twist on cupcakes! So nice of you to share :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love this individual cupcake trend I have been seeing. Such a great way to indulge and not be stuck with a ton of leftovers! And I love coconut!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A cupcake recipe for two??? I love it! Two for me, none for anyone else :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am SO out of the loop! Cupcakes for 2 is brilliant! It's funny, my sister is the same way about coconut, but on her birthday I make coconut cupcakes because they're her favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that this is a serving for 2. I'm always craving cupcakes but sometimes 12 is just too much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous and love this cupcakes with that wonderful coconut on top.

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful cupcakes! I love the idea of cupcakes for 2...but I would probably need to double or triple the recipe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. A coconut cupcake would be the perfect way to start the day! Adding toasted coconut is a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I love this 2 cupcake recipe...perfect when my daughter and I are the only coconut fans in the house...we don't need a dozen! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...