Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The grand tasting

This was more than I ever could have imagined. When you enter the event area you are immediately given a reusable grocery bag for of goodies and food samples. A little further in is a table for a wine glasses for tastings and then the fun begins.

This was the beginning of the second tent. See all of the food! At this point I was already full. There were two aisle on either side of the tents and there for 4 rows of food, wine, products and alcohol to sample. You were able to walk up and down as many times as you would like to sample whatever looked good.

Some of the best restaurants in NYC were there featuring yummy dishes and the chefs were right there to meet and greet. One of my favorite parts was seeing how they managed to serve such good and unique food in very un-kitchen like spaces. The best was the traveling coffee dispensers filled with Au Jus for mini roast beef sandwiches.


There was one big lamb leg. All of the samples were so small but is a very cute way. I am glad they kept things so small since I wanted to try everything. I through this right out the window knowing that I would not be able to make it back to the train after seeing the large variety and numerous samples.
A great table with all sorts of chocolate samples from Green and Black. I will say there was much more savory things to try than sweet. And more alcohol than I could have ever contemplated.
For me this was like a dream come true but surely you could not do this very often. I think it took about 2 days to fully recover.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...