Tuesday, February 18, 2014

What I am reading lately...

I cannot believe it is only Tuesday. It feels like Friday. Definitely feels like Friday.


All of my trips have given me plenty of time to read. I have a list about 10 books deep to get through and I am making a huge dent.

The Girl You Left Behind is by Jojo Moyes.  You may remember she also wrote You Before Me.

The Girl You Left Behind follows two women's journeys.  The first is back in France 1916 during WWI. Germans occupy Sophie's town and come to seek warm meals in her family's Inn. She struggles to keep things running with her sister and they both long to hear news from their husband's fighting in the war. 

The second story is of Liv Halston, who is struggling to find her life again with the unexpected death of her husband. 

Both women are fighting to do what is right in their hearts regardless of the consequences of their actions. The novel focuses on love, loss and self sacrifice. 

I love this story. You get sucked right in but only later in the book do all the pieces fall into place. It is beautifully written and makes you feel like you personally know and feel each of the characters as if they were your own family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...