Friday, June 13, 2014

What I am reading lately....

Oh my goodness. I have been waiting for Friday since Sunday night. Thanks for your patience this week as I took a little break from blogging. There was no way I was going to be able to post anything with substance this past week. 

The good news is this weekend is going to be awesome with a few highlights and lots of relaxing. I will be all refreshed for next week.

Until then I leave you with a great book. Summertime is prime reading time. Grab a book and go to the beach time.


The Good Luck of Right Now is by Matthew Quick, the same author of The Silver Linings Playbook.  When I first started this book I wasn't sure what I was getting into. In the beginning you are introduced to Bartholomew, a 38 year old who is not all there in the head and recently lost his mother. His life revolved around living at home and taking care of his mother.  When she dies, he is left to himself not knowing where to go. His counselor tells him to find himself and leave the flock.

In the process of figuring out himself and life, he finds a letter from Richard Gere to his mother about freeing Tibet.  His mother loved Richard Gere and Bartholomew takes this letter as a sign for his own journey.  The book is a series of letters from Bartholomew to Richard Gere.

The letters details his past, the present and his relationships with a Priest, another mourner from grief counseling and the girl at the library he has a crush on.

The book is not what I would call a feel good book but more so a very real book about family, friends, grief and most importantly acceptance. 


1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...