Thursday, June 19, 2014

What I am reading lately...



My newest reading adventure is Looking for Me by Beth Hoffman.  The story revolves around the life on Teddi Overman.  The novel begins as Teddi is in high school in Kentucky living with her mother, father and brother on their family farm. One day she finds an old, rundown chair on the side of the road. She decides to bring it home and repair. Thus the start of her passion for antiques and furniture repair.  

After graduation she leaves Kentucky to pursue her passion in Charleston. Much to the dismay of her mother.  Not too long after her departure her brother disappears in the Kentucky wilderness. As time moves on Teddi struggles to accept the disappearance despite her new life and success in Charleston. 

The story goes through Teddi's healing process to fill the hole in heart from the loss of her brother through friends, new loves and building bridges with her broken family.  

Beth Hoffman is also the author of Saving CeeCee Honeycutt. I haven't heard of this book but I added to my list of future reads.

2 comments:

  1. That book sounds interesting. I wonder if I could find it in any different bookstores lol
    I hope you could visit my blog when you have time.

    yunisediane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...