Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Gross Weather and WIAW

How gross is the weather today where you are? It sounds like our house might blow over.  And the rain. Our outside motion light keeps coming on just from the rain.  


Yesterday I worked from home. It was suppose to be a day off but work didn't seem to think that was a good idea.  Breakfast was the norm with a green smoothie and coffee.  See my festive mug?


Lunch was the Brussels sprouts salad from yesterday. I felt so healthy with all of my green eats for the day so far. Then we went to the movies.  I wanted to see the Hunger Games movie since it opened last weekend.  I am not a fan of fight big crowds and paying $14 per ticket to see a movie so we typically wait a bit and go to a matinee.  Tuesday at 2:30 is the perfect time for a movie.


We got a free drink coupon and a $2 small popcorn coupon when we bought our tickets. We couldn't say no to this. I love movie theater popcorn.  Their attempts to upgrade to a medium or large was tempting but we resisted.


Dinner was a Swiss chard and sausage pasta bake.  It was so good. Warm. Comforting. Cheesy.  Everything you want in a pasta bake.


Dessert was an amazing gingerbread bar.  This recipe will be up on Friday. Gooey and moist and full of chocolate chips.  The only thing missing in this amazing days of eats was a glass of wine.

Do you like movie theater popcorn?
 

4 comments:

  1. We are having gross weather here too... I would definitely love a big bowl of that pasta. :) Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like movie theater popcorn (thankfully...it's so pricey!) but I love when my husband makes a batch at home! We're just getting that storm out of our system and I'm s grateful for warmer days!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...