Monday, November 24, 2014

Dairy Free Banana Almond Butter Milkshake #SecretRecipeClub

This month for the Secret Recipe Club, I had the joy of looking at Without Adornment. Bean's recipes are gluten free and it was interesting to see all of the baked goodies she is still able to create. 





After looking at all of the recipes I chose the Dairy Free Banana Almond Milkshake.  This one was the one for one reason. The coconut ice cream. I have been wanting to try coconut milk ice cream for forever. I love coconut milk so I figured the ice cream would be fantastic. The only thing that has stopped me is the price. The little containers are well over $5.  Since I look the Secret Recipe Post as a little blog assignment each month I granted myself a little leniency with the food budget. 



I haven't had too many cravings with this pregnancy. In fact 26 weeks in and I still don't have much of an appetite.  The one thing that does hit me every once in a while is ice cream. Sure enough not long after I saw this recipe I had a hankering one night for some ice cream. I whipped up this little shake and it was so good. 

I have made it several other times since. I figure it is pretty nutritious given the almond butter and banana.  Almost like a smoothie right?  The only problem is not that I have tried the coconut milk ice cream I know it is good.  I have to find a way not to make that pricey purchase a common occurrence. 





Dairy Free Banana Almond Butter Milkshake

by Emily Morris
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Keywords: blender almond butter coconut
Ingredients (serves 1)
  • 1 banana
  • 1 Tbsp almond butter
  • 1 large scoop of vanilla coconut ice cream
  • 2 large ice cubes
  • Almond Milk, enough to make the consistency you want
Instructions
Add all ingredients to blender.

Blend until smooth, about 3 minutes.

Add more or less ice cream, ice or almond milk to get the desired consistency.
Powered by Recipage


14 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you liked it! It's so simple yet so good!

    I'm not sure whether I should apologize or say "you're welcome!" In regards to your discovery of coconut milk ice cream. Haha. It is good though, isn't it? Which brand did you try?

    I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well! Take care!

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will love and hate you forever with the coconut ice cream. It was so amazingly delicious!!

      Delete
  2. Mmmm... Congrats on 26 weeks! It's so exciting ticking the weeks off, getting closer to meeting the little person growing beneath your heart. :) This looks like a WONDERFUL milkshake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooooh this milkshake looks PERFECT! and yayyyy for 26 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though I'm shivering at my desk right now, I still want a giant milkshake!! This sounds so yummy!!! :) I cant definitely eat ice cream year round!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum, this looks delicious! I am a couple of weeks behind you in pregnancy and ice cream is always at the top of my list for late night cravings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Toasted coconut ice cream is simply amazing. Unfortunately I have developed an allergy to coconut. :( Glad you splurged for your SRC post, you deserve it! After all, you're making a human!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like it was worth the indulgence! Great SRC pick.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Coconut ice cream is one of the best inventions ever! This sounds delicious. Great pick this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My son's gf has major dairy issues. I bet she'll love this smoothie. Great SRC selection!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds quite interesting! I'll have to check out coconut ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have never even heard of coconut milk ice cream!!! I need to get out of the house more LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. I could enjoy this as my breakfast smoothie today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum. It's nice to make those little splurges now and again. I think you could get round it more economically on a regular basis by cutting your banana into slices and freezing them for a couple of hours before you want to make your smoothie, then just use some canned coconut cream in the smoothie. Something about freezing the banana virtually turns it into ice cream - works brilliantly and very cheap too :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...