My sweet tooth has pretty much gone away since being pregnant. I might have a small bite here or there but nothing huge and if I didn't I would probably care less. This weekend however I wanted a cookie bar. One with lots of chocolate and a dollop of ice cream on top.
When the cravings hits you don't want to wait around. Plus I had a whole bunch of other things I wanted to get done. Baking was not in the plan. This recipe was super easy to put together. It only took one bowl and you can use whatever you have in the pantry to sweeten them up. I threw in some chocolate chips, cinnamon chips and sprinkles. Don't you just love sprinkles? You could pretty much put anything you wanted in the mix.
These one bowl blondies will be making an appearance again soon. Next time I plan on doubling the recipe and using a 9X13 baking dish. Full of Christmas M&Ms to bring holiday cheer to the neighbors.
One Bowl Blondies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
Keywords: bake dessert chocolate sprinkles bar
Ingredients (16 bars)
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup cinnamon chips
- 1/4 cup sprinkles
- Further additions, use one or a combination of:
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped nuts, toasting them first for even better flavor
- 1/2 to 1 cup other chips, butterscotch, peanut butter, etc.
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract in addition to or in place of the vanilla
- 1/2 cup mashed bananas
- 1/4 cup bourbon, scotch or other whiskey; increase the flour by one tablespoon
- 2 tablespoons of espresso powder
- 1/2 cup dried fruit
- Top with a vanilla butter cream or chocolate peanut butter cream frosting
Butter an 8×8 pan and line with foil. Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a large mixing bowl melt butter in microwave. Add brown sugar and beat until smooth.
Add in egg and then vanilla and mix until combined.
Add salt and four and stir until just combined. Mix in any additions. I used chocolate chips, sprinkles and cinnamon chips.
Pour into prepared pan. Bake at 350°F 25-30 minutes, or until set in the middle.
Cool on rack before cutting.
Powered by Recipage