Monday, December 29, 2014

Flour's Famous Banana Bread

It was Christmas and then it was done. It is crazy that Christmas came and went. We are officially three days away from 2015. 



We had a fun but packed few days in Maine. They left me exhausted.  And now we have piles of presents to put away. A good problem if I do say so myself. To help motivate me a bit I made some banana bread. I am a huge fan of banana bread but this recipe is extra special. 

It is straight from Flour Bakery in Boston. It is one of their most famous baked goods. I get to visit whenever I am in town for MIT.  #perkoftravelingforwork

This banana bread recipe is amazing. I can see why in the cookbook it is called Flour's Famous Banana Bread.  Maybe it is the oil?  I am not sure but this by far the BEST banana bread I have ever made/tasted/eaten.  It is super moist and packed with banana flavor. Sweet but not too sweet. 



This recipe might just have to be my new go to banana bread recipe.  Sorry mom!

Flour's Famous Banana Bread

by Emily Morris
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Keywords: bake bread breakfast banana
Ingredients (1 loaf)
  • 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup oil
  • 3 1/2 bananas, very ripe, mashed
  • 2 Tablespoons sour cream
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2/3 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
Instructions
Set oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9X5 loaf pan with cooking spray.

Sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.

In the bowl of a stand mixer beat sugar and eggs with a whisk until light and fluffy, about 10 minutes.

On low speed slowly add in oil.

Add mashed bananas, sour cream, and vanilla until combined. Fold in dry ingredients. 

Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Powered by Recipage

3 comments:

  1. it sounds like you had a great Christmas! (Mine was busy, too) This banana bread looks so simple and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My MIL makes the best banana bread, and even though she's given me the recipe, it's still not as good as hers. I scored on my stores dollar rack over the weekend and got 15 bananas for $1 - need to make some bread!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great!! Wishing all the best to you this New Year! May 2015 be a wonderful year for you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...