Wednesday, July 23, 2014

A lazy summer and WIAW

Happy Hump Day!  Yeah for being half way done with the week.

Monday I woke up early to go to Maine. I had two meetings. I haven't been up that way in a while and I forgot how long the drive is. By the time I was on my way home yesterday I was so sick of being in a car. 


Breakfast was at Dunkin' Donuts. There happened to be one right across the parking lot from the hotel.  Not my favorite thing for breakfast but it works. Somehow though they always get my order wrong. No veggie cream cheese for me this day. 


Lunch was on the road home. We stopped in Portland for Elevation Burger. Kind of like Five Guys only way better. I did the basic cheese burger with lettuce, tomatoes, and jalapenos. 


Back at home we had homemade pizza. His and Her's. My was fresh mozzarella and garlic. Mr. J had some pepperoni, onions and peppers.  I forgot to put on the fresh basil from our garden but it made it on the slices before we ate. Always a welcomed addition.

What is the last long car ride you went on?


5 comments:

  1. I had no idea they had Elevation Burger in Maine. We have one here in Kuwait. Who knew it was international? Haha! Hope your meetings went well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a long car ride but I spent the majority of yesterday on a train and I hear you on being completely fed up for driving a car or riding a train after long travels.
    The fries you had look so crispy - perfect! I'd have happily had a plate of those as a travel lunch yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pizza looks amazing! Making me crave more pizza! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had pizza last night. Homemade pizza can be so delicious -- sometimes better than what you can get in a restaurant!

    Last long car ride was eons ago. We're hoping to do a car trip from Denver to Yellowstone or Mount Rushmore this fall...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...