Monday, February 1, 2016

Cinnamon Chocolate Pudding


Its Monday again. And I am not really looking forward to it.  I had a really good weekend. And I have a very busy Monday and week.  I always enjoyed my weekends but now with Miss O I pretty much live for them.  It is so much fun being with her. Each day her personality comes out more and more.  I find her little mannerisms so funny.  Her facial expressions are priceless.




I thought I might need a little extra help this week to get through everything that needs to get done.  For me that help best comes in the form of chocolate.  I am not a huge pudding fan but for whatever reason I got the hankering for chocolate pudding.  I couldn't get it out of my mind. When I mentioned the idea to Mr. J he was in immediately.



This pudding is fairly simple and quick. Of course I don't always wait for the cooling process to happen. I like my pudding warm. Is that weird?  I had a bowl full right after the cooking was complete.  And although the recipe serves six, our cooled portion was about three servings.  To each their own I guess. 



Cinnamon Chocolate Pudding

by Emily Morris
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Keywords: dessert chocolate cinnamon
Ingredients (serves 4)
  • 2/3 C sugar
  • 3 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
  • 3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • pinch of salt
  • 3 1/2 C whole milk
  • 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
  • 4 oz bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
  • 2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • Lightly sweetened whipped cream for serving (optional)
Instructions
In a large sauce pan, stir together the sugar, cornstarch, cocoa powder, cinnamon and salt until well blended.

Add about 3/4 cup of the milk and stir until smooth and incorporated. Gradually stir in the remaining milk and butter.

Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Be sure to scrape the the bottom of the pan to prevent scorching. Continue cooking until the mixture bubbles and thickens, about 3 minutes. Remove pan from heat.

Add the coarsely chopped chocolate and stir until melted and the mixture is smooth. Then add the vanilla and stir.

Strain the pudding through a medium fine sieve into your serving container. Lay plastic wrap over the tom to prevent a skin from forming. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Serve with whipped cream and a sprinkling of cinnamon if desired.
Powered by Recipage

1 comment:

  1. awwwwwww Olivia is seriously the cutest. And this chocolate pudding looks like the tastiest!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...