Monday, July 4, 2016

Smoked Salmon Spread #secretrecipclub



If you need a last minute snack for the 4th of July festivities I have just the recipe for you. I picked Sid's Smoked Salmon Spread for July's unveiling of the Secret Recipe Club.

Sid of Sid's Palm Cooking has been blogging for quite some time. She liked to make and share food with others and just thought starting a blog would be fun. She is Danish and has all sorts of Danish recipes. I was intrigued and almost went with the Fransk Vafler (French Waffles) or the Vandbakkelser (Cream Puff loaf) but in the midst of picking my recipe for the Secret Recipe Club I was also thinking about what I wanted to bring to several family gatherings for the 4th of July. 

Through my search of Sid's blog I learned she hosts Tapas night. It was a treasure chest of appetizers and I quick found this smoked salmon dip.  We had fresh dill from the garden and I was so happy to use for this dip.  The ingredient list is not full of unique things but did require a trip to the grocery store; we don't readily keep smoke salmon on hand. It was a quick pick up though on my weekly trip to the store.  


The dip comes together so quickly.  Sid used a stand mixer but I ended up throwing all of the ingredients into our blender. About a minute of pulsing led to a done dip.  I enjoyed it with Triscuits but my husband said Ritz crackers were the way to go.  We ran out without leftovers but I can imagine this would be fantastic in the morning on a bagel.  




Smoked Salmon Dip

by Emily Morris
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Keywords: blender appetizer snack cheese salmon
Ingredients (serves 8)
  • 1 8 ounce package Cream Cheese, at room temperature
  • 1/2 cup Sour Cream
  • 1 Tablespoon Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
  • 1 Tablespoon Fresh minced dill
  • 1 teaspoon prepared Horseradish, drained
  • 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
  • 4 ounces Smoked Salmon, minced
Instructions
Place all of the ingredients into a blender or food processor. Pulse until combined, about 1 minute. Scraping the sides once.

Chill for at least an hour before serving with raw veggies or crackers.
Powered by Recipage


13 comments:

  1. This sounds wonderful, Emily! Easy and so tasty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. perfect for any get together... for some reason I am always sticking with hummus, maybe a ricotta spread, this is a very nice option, elegant and easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I DO love a good dip and this looks VERY tasty! Great pick for SRC and Happy 4th July too! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds so easy and soooo delcious! I'm heading out to get some smoked salmon, this looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love Salmon spread and this recipe sounds delicious! Great pick for SRC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How yummy! My husband would love this. When I had Sid's blog, I picked ham salad, which is like a ham version of this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would eat this entire recipe. It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum, yum, yum. I love salmon, i love dill and i love dips. I have got to try this. Thanks for picking such a great recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw this yesterday and thought I'd commented on it. I saw that you 'got me' this month and picked one of my favorite spreads. I love making this and serving it, and usually we don't have leftovers. Great pick for SRC.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love a good salmon spread! This looks amazing! I would LOVE this on a bagel!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bagel, toast, spoon..... Love smoked salmon on anything!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is an awesome nibble for a party or potluck! Absolutely GREAT SRC pick!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How did you know that I happen to have some smoked salmon sitting in my fridge, needing to be used? Talk about good timing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...