Saturday, September 19, 2009

Tarry Lodge

The birthday celebration continues this week with my true birthday dinner. We drove down to Port Chester, NY to try the newest Mario Batali restaurant Tarry Lodge. Parking is a bit of an issue and using the valet services can be an easy way to save yourself some anxiety. The building itself looks like a big warehouse on the outside with a new coat of paint and a fancy sign. It sits nicely on a corner right off of Main street.


We started the night off with a stop at the bar. Along with an extensive Italian wine list, Tarry Lodge has homemade fruit sodas and wonderful cocktails. We chose two of the cocktails. A little on the girlish side, the Tarry 75 mixes cognac with limoncello. It was delicious. The cocktails range from $5-$13. And are quite reasonable compared with the wine served by the glass from $10-$18. My suggestion would be to go for the bottle if you are interested in wine.


We picked two Antipasti dishes: smoked trout and sweet peppers. The smoked trout was served as a salad with pieces of the trout mixed with heirloom tomatoes, rustic bread pieces, mozzarella, basil and green beans. The sweet peppers was simply a dish of roasted sweet peppers. And they were not joking about being sweet. I paired my with the bread they brought to the table. It was as good as dessert, or almost. The bread came with extra virgin olive oil with additional olives in it. There was an intense olive flavor to the oil.

We opted out of a past dish and went straight for the Secondi course. Jordan got the skirt steak with tomato panzella.

I got the lamb chops with roasted zucchini capota. The lamb was amazing but I could have done without the zucchini mixture. There was some sort of pepper included with a taste I did not care for and completely overwhelmed the flavor of the other veggies.

We left before dessert. I honestly didn't see anything that jumped out at me on the menu and I was sufficiently full after the meal. Our reservation were early on a Saturday night but as we left the restaurant and bar area was filling up. I can see the whole place getting quite loud when busy. I would go back again for a lunch and try one of the tasty sounding pizza dishes they also serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...