Monday, March 15, 2010

Lip smacking good: Lamb chops

Here Jordan is showing off his cooking skills with the perfectly saute of medium rare lamb.
Jordan and I were gone all last week for work. We got home to an empty pantry and empty refrigerator. We got by the first two nights with takeout and leftovers but come Saturday I was ready to hit the grocery store and have a great meal at home.
Looking for something different to have my eyes wondered over to the lamb portion of the meat counter. I like lamb but it is one of those meals I always order at restaurants. I never thought to make it at home. Well, this must have been my lucky day because there happened to be a lovely package of lamb chops sitting there and they were on sale. So I took the leap and bought them. Jordan always enjoys a food adventure. And he is always willing to hunt down a recipe for a new meat dish. The recipe really did not consist of much. Simply season the chops with salt, pepper and herbs de Provence on both sides. Saute chopped onions and diced garlic in olive oil and then add chops. Cook about 4-5 minutes each side.
Volia! A wonderfully traditional meat, veggie, and starch meal. Lamb chops - who knew they could be so easy and so delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...