Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Jumbo Reese's Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies


I took a break from Pinterest after about a month of non-stop browsing.  I went cold turkey. No need for a 12 step program for me.  I probably would have needed one though if work had not gotten incredibly busy with non-stop travel. It is easy to quit one addiction by picking up another.  Although traveling for work is more forced. 


I digress.  Last week I ease myself back into the Pinterest world. I gave myself a 15 minute limit per day.


The first day I found these cookies from the Brown Eyed Baker.  A seed was planted. It grew to a seedling the day I supplied candy for a 3 hour presentation I was giving.  The candy contained Reese's Pieces.  Yes, I do bribe the people I am presenting to (especially CFOs) with candy. I have learned that 1pm meetings for three hours about numbers need candy.  They were happy.


I restrained myself on the flight home from eating any of the precious leftovers in order to make these cookies. I am so glad I did.

 
Jumbo Reese Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies

Adapted from Brown Eyed Baker
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes



Ingredients (18 cookies)
  • 3¾ cups all-purpose flour
  • 1½ teaspoons baking soda
  • ¾ teaspoon salt
  • ½ cup coconut butter
  • ½ cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1 cup light brown sugar
  • ¾ cup granulated sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1½ cups semisweet chocolate chunks
  • 1 cup Reese’s Pieces
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.

With an electric mixer on medium speed, cream together the coconut butter, peanut butter, and both sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.

Scrape down the sides of the bowl, add the eggs and vanilla extract, and beat until combined. Reduce the mixer speed to low and gradually add the flour, mixing until it has almost all been incorporated. Add the chocolate chunks and Reese’s Pieces, mix briefly until just incorporated.

Use a ¼ cup scoop to get a ball of dough and place on one of the baking sheets. Repeat with the rest of the dough – you should end up with about 18 cookies. With your fingers, press down on the balls of dough to flatten into disks, about ½-inch thick.

Bake the cookies for 12 to 15 minutes, just until the edges of the cookies are beginning to turn a light brown. Cool the cookies on the baking sheets.
Powered by Recipage

20 comments:

  1. I will gladly take some of these off your hands-yum! A cookie with chocolate chunks and reese pieces will bring me running to the table. These two are about the best add ins I can think of to have in a cookie. Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The problem is that they are so big you really should only eat one but you want 3.

      Delete
  2. i would love to have that... i love cookies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, the Pinterest addiction is such a hard thing to break...and you went cold turkey? I admire you! Glad you busted it out again and made these cookies because they look Ah-mazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just my little amount of time gave me a list of about 100 things I want to make.

      Delete
  4. I try and restrict myself to pinterest on my train ride home. It helps pass the time of the commute! I have to make these, I love reeses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love a train commute for just that reason. Great way to pass the time and decompress after work.

      Delete
  5. I do not know about anyone else but you had me at jumbo :D
    These cookies are mouthwatering!

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With cookies bigger is certainly better in my book!

      Delete
  6. I remember seeing these on the Brown Eyed Baker site and loving them than. Anything containing Reese's Pieces is OK with me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...I can't even...wow.
    You're sending me some of these delectable monsters, right??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow these cookies look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Any cookie that has the words jumbo and pb in the title sounds pretty perfect to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Any cookie that has the words jumbo and pb in the title sounds pretty perfect to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh you evil woman, taunting me so. These are gorgeous. Pinterest is the devil. But I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not going to lie. . .the first thing that caught my eye was the words "Reeses" and "jumbo"! Pretty sure you can't go wrong when both of those are referring to cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need to ease away from Pinterest, but keep seeing awesome recipes like this one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm smiling because it seems that everyone gets addicted to Pinterest. It is so hard to stop:) But look what came out of all that browsing. The cookies look delicious!


    Thanks for being a part of May's YBR :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...