Thursday, August 2, 2012

Breakfast of Olympians: Blueberry and Chocolate Chip Pancakes


I have been to the city, New York City that is, two times this week. Once by train and once by car.  The train is so much better than the car. 

Trains are classic people watch time.  There are sleepers, eaters, chatters, and those who apply their make up.  When I wasn't people watching I was reading my notes for the day and then did some pleasure reading. 

I find the train relaxing. It almost makes me consider the 4 hour commute each day to the city. Almost consider is still a far way off from actually working in the city.  I love visiting New York City but every day would get all real fast.  I live at a much slower pace. 

The car ride was much less enjoyable.  I left super early to avoid traffic and still got stuck.  What was worst for this trip was that my drive home at 11:30am away from the city I was in more traffic then during rush hour down. Go figure!

Last weekend it rained a lot. Off and on.  The rain was allusive.  Just when you were ready to leave thinking it was just going to be cloudy, down came the rain.  I found that pancakes help beat the boredom of being stuck inside.

We had blueberries and chocolate chips so I added both.  Good thing I did.  These suckers were delicious in every way possible.  We had them Sunday and used the leftover batter again on Monday.  Yes, we did.

Blueberry Chocolate Chip Pancakes

by Emily Morris
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Keywords: saute breakfast blueberries chocolate





Ingredients (serves 4)
  • 2 cups whole-wheat flour
  • 2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups buttermilk
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 Tablespoons butter
  • 2 Tablespoons honey
  • 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
  • 3/4 cup blueberries
Instructions
Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk, eggs.

Melt butter and stir in honey until dissolved. Add to buttermilk.

Whisk wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just combined (mixture will be lumpy). Gently fold in blueberries and chocolate chips.

Heat a griddle or large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Grease lightly with oil.

Spoon batter onto griddle 1/3 cup at a time. Cook until edges are set, 3 to 4 minutes Flip, and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
Powered by Recipage

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like Toronto. We live in the suburbs and it's such a pain to get down to the city's centre. By the way, those pancakes look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound perfect! I would love these for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely decadent pancakes, sound super!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why these are for champions, they look delicious :D

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just like Chicago! I'd take the train in a minute instead of the drive in there! I like the people watching and reading much better than driving and your pancakes would be a perfect way to start the day before doing anything! Blueberries are wonderful and the chips make the pancakes fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does sound like the perfect way to beat the rainy day blues! Berries and chocolate would be hard to say no to!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...