Monday, June 10, 2013

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Frozen Yogurt



This can also be called the Man Grabber Frozen Yogurt. Or maybe the Happy Wife Frozen Yogurt. I found this recipe in the Better Homes and Garden Bridal Cookbook.  They sure had a winner in this one making both the wife and husband happy through cookie dough. Cookie dough that is safe and refreshing to eat.




Mr J's first response was that it really does taste like cookie dough. More cookie dough than frozen yogurt to be exact. Well yea! Silly man.




After making the dark cherry chocolate chip Greek frozen yogurt last week in the ice cream maker I decided to try a new method for this go around. Mix all of the ingredients together and then simply freeze. No machine necessary.




The results were a much creamier, smoother consistency.  One I enjoyed more than the ice cream maker version. However, this was much more dense. It makes about two cups or four servings.  

As for the happy wife and husband. We have spent a few nights eating together on the couch out of the same bowl.  Those smart folks at Better Homes and Garden sure know how to bring a couple together. Quite literally.




Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Frozen Yogurt

by Emily Morris
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 12 hours freeze time
Keywords: dessert chocolate ice-cream
Ingredients (serves 4)
  • ½ cups Unsalted Butter, Softened
  • ½ cups Packed Dark Brown Sugar
  • ¼ cups Granulated Sugar
  • 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
  • 1 cup All-purpose Flour
  • ¼ teaspoons Baking Soda
  • ¼ teaspoons Salt
  • ¾ cups Mini Chocolate Chips
  • 1 cup Vanilla Greek Yogurt
Instructions
In a mixing bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter and both sugars together until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and beat until combined.

In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, soda and salt. Add the chocolate chips and stir until incorporated.

Add the flour and chocolate mixture to butter mixture and fold in gently. Add yogurt and stir again until combined.

Place in a container and cover with lid. Freeze until set, preferably overnight, about 12 hours.

10 comments:

  1. This looks awesome. My daughter will love this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cookie dough is my husband's favorite. He'll be one happy man when he sees this in our freezer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious! I got that book at my bridal shower and loved it the first couple of months. Ever since we moved I can't seem to locate it. Now I need to hurry and find it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, that sounds perfect "tastes more like cookie dough than frozen yogurt" is EXACTLY the kinda thing I wanna hear! YUM

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not usually tempted by ice cream...but this cookie dough version would be hard to resist! And so easy to make :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This would not be safe from me in my house. I would DEVOUR it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds so yummy! I once tried to simply freeze yogurt to make frozen yogurt (no machine) but it didn't turn out so well. Maybe I need something in it like cookie dough to make it less icy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think my kids would love this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous!! I love Cookie Dough ice cream - and froyo sounds even better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Emily,

    Like your Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Frozen Yogurt. It look healthier and delicious. Many thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...