Thursday, July 10, 2014

What I am reading lately...



It has been a while since I wrote about what I have been reading lately. I have several I want to let you know about. No time like the present to jump right in.

The Possibilities by Kaui Hart Hemmings, the author of The Descendants, is a novel about Sarah St. John. Three months ago she lost her twenty one year old son, Cully, in an avalanche. She is just starting to go back to work and figure out how to continue with life.  Her father tries to distract her with various QVC purchases.  Her best friend is struggling with her own messy divorce.  

While cleaning out Cully's room she uncovers details of his life she knew nothing about. These details bring up more grief and questions about her abilities as a mother when Cully was alive. Family, friends and even strangers help Sarah find direction in her life. 

The book is sad but not sappy and portrays love, friendship and overcoming grief. The book reads smoothly and fast. I got done with the whole thing in one flight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...