Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Raspberries, Clam Chowder and #WIAW


The weather has been beautiful the last few days. Sunny but not too hot and humid.  We can home from work the other day went for a walk and then picked some raspberries from the 4 wild bushes we have round our yard. We really had no idea they were there until about 3 weeks ago.  Sadly the birds were more knowledgeable than us and got to them first.  We managed about two handfuls though during this haul.   Of course, they don't last long once picked but they sure taste good. A perfect dinner making snack.


We picked up a loaf of my most favorite whole wheat bread last week. I savor every slice. Monday I had a lovely plate of toast. One with raspberry jam.  The other with chocolate peanut butter and 1/2 banana sliced. 


Lunch at work was clam chowder and strawberries. Work is so cold with the A/C cranked up on high.  Soup is just what I need mid-day to warm up. My parents were visiting last weekend and Saturday afternoon I had the genius idea to have my dad make clam chowder. He makes the best clam chowder.  We froze two servings to enjoy in a few weeks and had a little each day since.  


Dinner was 1/2 of a panini sandwich. This was chicken cutlet, fresh tomatoes and fresh mozzarella. If you live around New Haven you know that there is Italian sandwich/pizza shop galore around here. We have a local deli that makes the best sandwiches. I am always a sucker for the chicken cutlet.  If I didn't care about healthy eating I would snag one of these every.single.day. 

If health wasn't an issue, what would you eat every day?

5 comments:

  1. Isn't family food the best? I could eat my moms lasagna every single day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!!! I love clam chowder and that sandwich looks delish!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...