Sunday, March 21, 2010

Astrology and Food

In the most recent Food and Wine magazine (April 2010), they really went all out on wine. Yes this makes sense considering the name is Food and Wine, however, normally it is more 50/50 food and wine. I tend to be more interested in the food portion even though I do quite enjoy wine.

Thus, the April issue lended itself to be more of a flip through kind of magazine for me instead of an actual reading material. In the flipping through process my eyes glanced at an article titled "An astrologer's cosmic guide to food and wine". Now I am a Virgo through and through so I was very interested in seeing how my sign translated to my food and wine styles.

Virgos demand quality and dislike excess in their food. True for the quality, but I have been know to be excessive in my desert choices.

The favor fresh-flavored dishes like green salads. I wouldn't go so far as to say my favorite food is a green salad but I do like them.

For wines, whites with impeccable clarity, like Rieslings are best. This I can outright deny. I don't like white wine. It takes a lot for me to have even one glass regardless of the kind.

Jordan is a Libra and they are said to like comfort foods. This seems to fit. Taurus tend toward rich or sweet foods like almond croissants. Can't everyone fall into this category?

Clearly I take all of this with a grain of salt but it was fun to look at. Now I just have to figure out what Tannic wine is? (Capricorn's top pick).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...