Thursday, March 4, 2010

O'hana - Walt Disney World gem

It has been almost a month since my last post. I have no excuse but to say I am busy and food has sadly not been a high priority. At least not in the enjoyable sense I would like it to be as a priority. I will say I was able to take a nice little break from work and travel to Florida for vacation. It's no surprise that we ended up in Disney World as this is one of Jordan's favorite places. Don't ask me to explain - I really have no explanation. However, I will say that Disney World has quite a few lovely restaurants that I enjoy. No complaints from me on the dining experience at Disney.

One of the restaurants we always try to get into (it is quite a feat too) is O'hana at the Polynesian Resort. It is serve family style or all-you-can-eat, a feature Jordan always appreciates. For those of you who have gone to a Brazilian steakhouse, O'hana is a similar restaurant. All of the meat skewers you can eat.


Shrimp is by far the best option at O'hana. Jordan managed to eat about 30.


The meal starts with homemade pineapple bread. It is served warm with butter.
One of the things I like the most about O'hana is that you can start with salad. I always seem to lack salad courses while in Disney.


Salad is followed by broccoli, and Soba noodles. Potsticker dumplings and chicken wings also come. Each one is delicious but you really need to pace yourself. My first time dining at O'hana I was so happy sampling away all of these yummy foods I was completely full before the meat skewers even started coming.


This is the gigantic fire pit where they cook the meat.

Finally the desert comes. The sweet pineapple bread made into bread pudding. This is all topped with ice cream and then topped with banana foster caramel sauce. Yes, even desert is all you can eat. Every time I am so tempted to get another desert but at that point in the evening I really think it would be impossible to eat anything else.



This restaurant is a sure bet when dining in Disney. Don't miss out!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...