Tuesday, January 21, 2014

What I am reading lately...

Inferno (Robert Langdon, #4)

Have you heard of the Da Vinci Code? I have to think most people have.  It was recommended to me way before the movie was even in discussion. I read the mystery novel and enjoyed it.  Just a nice little story for entertainment. When I heard a new novel was coming out some time ago I planned to pick it up. Of course this is one of the books that you can start and finish within a day or two and costs upwards of $25 for the hard cover when it is first released. I don't spend that kind of money on books.  Well fast forward a few months...maybe more and it was waiting for me on the popular books table at the local library.  I quickly snatched it up for free. Libraries are the best!

Like Da Vinci Code, the key character, Robert Langdon, finds himself in the midst of a mystery.Unexpectedly he wakes up in an Italian hospital with a bullet wound and no memory of the last few days.  He needs his strong knowledge of symbols and history to figure why someone might be after him.  This story was intriguing to me because of the futuristic possibilities of science and what that can mean to the future of human kind. Although still a bit out there for me it was a much more realistic story than some of his other Langdon novels.

With the cold weather and freak snow storm that suddenly can a possibility this morning I need another good book.  Any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. Did you read Angels & Demons? That is the 1st book in the series, the the Da Vinci Code, then The Lost Symbol, the Inferno. They're all sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I read that right after Da Vinci Code. So good!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...