Friday, June 18, 2010

Ole ole ole: La puerta azul

The move is fast approaching. Since the big decision was made Jordan immediately had a list, ever-growing I might mention, of restaurants we must go to before we leave. Many of which have been here the whole time and never once seemed important or good enough to try, that is until we might not ever have the opportunity to try them.
Mixed in with this list are restaurants we truly enjoy and will be quite sad not to have close by. One such restaurant is La Puerta Azul in Millbrook, NY.

We went here last night cause well I didn't really feel like cooking. I swear Thursdays are the hardest night for me. One more day of work to get through before the weekend hits. Fridays, even when I am tired, seem much better simply due to the fact you are done and have two full days of freedom. It is much easier for us to get to La puerta azul from the office any way as it is much closer than from our apartment. Hence why we seldom venture here even though it is delicious.


We ended up just getting a whole much of appetizers. The picture above is what Jordan deemed probably the best appetizer he has ever eaten. Quite a statement huh?
It's Camarones a la Parrilla, grilled tiger shrimp on a crispy onion ring filled with guacamole, pico de gallo & topped with a chipotle aioli. We also had beef empanadas, sopes de bistec, flautas de carnitas, and sopa de maize. Sorry the pictures are so bad; they are cell phone shots once again. Me and my camera forgetfulness.

The chips here are some of the best torilla chips I have ever had. They come out warm and salty. I could eat chips and salsa for the rest of my life but here - yum yum. I was full before the food came but that just means leftovers for lunch. Anyway, this place is in the middle of nowhere. If you happen to be driving on the Taconic Parkway between the city and Albany (yes, that is quite a stretch) I highly recommend stopping at the Route 44 exit. La Puerta Azul is about a mile down the road.


Buen Provecho!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...