Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Pantry pasta

The packing continues...life is pretty much the same as it was last week. Work, run, cook, pack, clean. Repeat again. The one big change is finally the weather is more June like. Still warm but not ridiculously hot and not humid. Thank goodness. I am praying that it will hold out through the weekend.

Jordan and I collaborated on this little treat the other night for dinner. I am super impressed with our abilities to pull off pretty decent dinners despite the fact our kitchen is in shambles at the moment.

Pantry Pasta

1/2 can artichoke hearts
1 roasted red pepper
1 onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 can diced tomatoes
1 Tbsp Italian seasoning

1/2 LB pasta

I luckily had a jar of artichoke hearts - 1/2 leftover from the hummus and a jar of roasted red peppers. I really think if you put roasted peppers in anything it tastes about 100 times better. Add to this a can of diced tomatoes and some sauteed onions and garlic you have quite the hearty meal.

Once the onions and garlic are cooked through and soft, add the artichoke and red peppers.
Add cooked pasta, following directions on the box.
And ta-da! I added the final bits of fresh mozzarella I had laying about in the fridge and some cracked pepper. Yummy, easy, quick, and it got rid of 3 jars and one box from the pantry. Success!

Tomorrow I get the keys for the new apartment. I am jumping for joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...