With all of the house hustle and bustle I was a little late with my chocolate party treat. In fact, I made these Oreo Monster Bars yesterday. I was happy to make them though. They were needed after a long weekend of house work. And although we had other desserts in the house, there was nothing homemade.
These bars are loaded with chocolate chips, Oreos, and M&Ms. A great way to clean out some of the random hodge podge of snacks in my pantry. Plus perfect for the October Chocolate Party theme of candy. I thought about a few more candies but I didn't want to go overboard. Feel free to substitute any candies you may have laying around.
If you want to join in on the fun here is how you participate:
1.) Blog about your chocolate treat. Your recipe must include the two ingredients we choose. It can be a simple no bake treat or a sophisticated layer cake, the complexity level of the recipe is totally up to you.
2.) Include a link back to the Chocolate party page. Optionally, add the Chocolate Party logo in your blog post or on your sidebar.
3.) Your recipe must be published during the current month. Please do not link old recipes, they will be deleted.
4.) Add the linky code at the bottom of your post.
Ingredients:1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), softened
1 large egg
3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
12 Oreo Cookies, about 1 cup, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup M&M's
1/2 chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8-by-9 nch baking pan with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl beat the butter, about 1 minute on high power with a hand mixer.
- Add the egg, brown sugar, vanilla, and mix until smooth.
- Add the flour and stir until just combined.
- Stir in the Oreos, M&Ms and chocolate chips.
- Turn batter out into prepared pan, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula.
- Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes, The top should be set and edges slightly firm.
- Allow bars to cool in pan before serving.