Thursday, October 10, 2013

hot pepper steak stir fry

Succulent flank steak marinated and cooked with onions and hot peppers.


How is it Friday already? Not that I am complaining. I am SO ready for this weekend. The weather is suppose to be very Fall. We got a rake. Bring on the yard work.


I am also excited to get some baking done.  Pumpkin muffins anyone?  

We are finally getting into our groove at the new house as to what is where, especially in the kitchen. That means dinners are taking less time to put together. That doesn't mean however, I am looking to cook extensive meals during the hectic week. 

This dinner was so easy to put together and super delicious. It seems like pepper steak dinners were all over the internet lately. I never had all of the ingredients for a specific recipe so I hodge podged it together. We had quite a stock of hot peppers from our potted plants and used those in place of regular or sweet peppers.

We ate ours with steamed broccoli and white rice.  Everything came together in less than 20 minutes.  Might I say a near perfect quick week night dinner?


hot pepper steak stir fry

by Emily Morris
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Keywords: saute entree
Ingredients (serves 4)
For the Marinade
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
  • 1 Tbsp corn starch
  • 1/8 tsp fresh ground black pepper
For the Steak
  • 1 lb. thinly sliced flank steak or sirloin, cut diagonally across the grain into thin strips
  • 2 Tbsp. olive oil
  • 2 Cubano peppers, sliced thinly
  • 3 jalapeno peppers, sliced thinly
  • 1 medium onion, sliced thinly
  • 1 tsp ground ginger
  • 4 garlic cloves, minced
Instructions
For the Marinade
Add all marinade ingredients to a large bowl and stir to combine.

Pour marinade into a Ziplock bag and add the sliced steak. Toss to coat all pieces and sides of steak. Seal and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes and up to 24 hours.

For the Steak
Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the hot peppers, onion, ginger, garlic, and saute for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a plate.

Remove the steak from the marinade with a slotted spoon (reserving the marinade) and saute about 2-3 minutes until browned, stirring occasionally.

Add the reserved marinade to the skillet and cook for 1 minute or until thickened.

Cook for an additional minute, then remove from heat.

Serve immediately over rice.

Powered by Recipage

4 comments:

  1. Looks like I want this for dinner. :) Wish I could drop by for some carryout. :) Hee! hee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love steak with peppers and onions, and yours looks SO wonderful. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great for many reasons...but flank steak just went on sale which makes me so very happy! Will be making these as soon as I can get to the store!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is perfect! My son really like this recipe and I think he will going to be happy on his birthday when I create this for him. I can't wait to try this. Please keep on sharing!

    Beef Stir Fry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...