Wednesday, October 16, 2013

WIAW: Eating for One


Mr. J was gone for the first part of the week and that made my motivation for cooking even less. Breakfast has seen the return of the Green Monster smoothie. This is my vitamin savior.  People all around me have colds and what-not. I am doing my best not to get sick. A mixture of coconut milk, OJ, spinach and banana seem to do the trick.


We made a huge roasted chicken on Sunday night. This bird was a massive eight pounds. I reaped the benefits the last few days using it for sandwiches and salads. This salad was arugula with chicken, tomatoes and for a bit of a Fall, cranberries. Soup is on tap to use the remaining leftovers.


Dinner was my favorite. This would never fly with Mr. J around but for me it was perfect. Two pieces of honey wheat toast. One topped with a fried egg. The other topped with mashed avocado.  Yum. Yum.
 

4 comments:

  1. I love the roasted chicken leftovers because they are SO versatile .. and healthy. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dinner sounds like my ideal meal. Nothing like eggs, avocado and bread! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the eggs with avocado on toast... I must remember that for a quick meal. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...