Thursday, October 8, 2015

Chocolate Buttercream #Choctoberfest


This recipe had me licking my fingers all night long. I used this frosting for the Mississippi Mud brownies I made yesterday for #Choctoberfest.  There was some leftovers and my husband had the brilliant idea of topping some chocolate chip banana muffins. Instant cupcakes. It made me think that having frosting on hand at all times is a pretty good thing. 


Chocolate Buttercream

by Emily Morris
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Keywords: dessert chocolate
Ingredients (Frosting for 1 cake)
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
  • 1 (16-oz.) package powdered sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Instructions
Cook butter, milk and unsweetened cocoa over medium heat in a large saucepan, stirring constantly, 4 to 5 minutes or until butter melts.

Remove from heat, and beat in powdered sugar and vanilla at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
Powered by Recipage


2 comments:

  1. oh yesss SO luscious! I'd probs eat all of it before it made it onto anything :P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...