Monday, April 4, 2016

Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies


I am leaving my little one for a whole week. Excuse me while my heart breaks into a million pieces.  Not only am I gone but Mr. J is too.  Clearly I know that this will happen more and more as she gets older but really? I am dying just a bit right now. 


And although I know this is completely unhealthy I am drowning my sorrows in these blondies.  Browned butter, a little extra salt, dark chocolate chips. 

Sweets = Squashed emotions

#temporary


Enjoy the blondies as I miss my little one and come to realize that she is OK without us.  


Browned Butter Dark Chocolate Chip Blondies

by Emily Morris
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Keywords: bake dessert chocolate bar
Ingredients (serves 9)
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), browned
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 1 scant cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
  • 1 cup dark chocolate chocolate chips
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8-by-8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray; set aside.

Make the browned butter. In a large skillet add the butter and heat over medium heat to melt, stirring nearly continuously or swirling the pan. Butter will melt, foam, turn clear, golden, and then turn brown, with a nutty smell. As soon at the butter begins to turn brown and there are a few brown specks, take the pan off the heat, and pour butter into a large bowl. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes before adding the next ingredients.

Add the egg, brown sugar, vanilla, and whisk until smooth.

Add the flour, salt, and stir until just combined. Don't over mix.

Add the chocolate chips and stir to combine.

Turn batter out into prepared pan, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula, and bake for about 20 minutes, or until top is set in center and done; don't over bake.

Place pan on a wire rack to cool for at least 1 hour before slicing and serving.
Powered by Recipage

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I remember those days! So tough, but you'll be reunited soon!! Till then, these blondies will help you through. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very excellent post along with assisting information. Fitness meals Toronto plans help promote a healthy lifestyle, with a variety of meal and options to suit individual needs. I love the valuable info you provide on your article. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww you poor thing that must be so hard :( I know she'll be ok though! and when she's older and can eat these blondies she'll be mooore thank ok :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. yumy, really wanna taste this, hope my sister can make one for me

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...